Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hindsight is of course 20/20, but I paid just a hair less than $31K out the door (TTL included) for a 2019 Pro4X on the day after Thanksgiving 2019. Half down and paid off the note 6 months later. What I call a good deal, but yours may vary.

Additionally: no "improved" powertrain and don't have to call it a Tacotier or Fronoma.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hindsight is of course 20/20, but I paid just a hair less than $31K out the door (TTL included) for a 2019 Pro4X on the day after Thanksgiving 2019. Half down and paid off the note 6 months later. What I call a good deal, but yours may vary.

Additionally: no "improved" powertrain and don't have to call it a Tacotier or Fronoma.
Really not fair to go back to 2019. That was a different time. I bought my 2019 P4X in the beginning of that year for 35K with prem pack with no doc fee and they paid to move it from Colorado to New Mexico. But I do recall the deals got even better towards the end of that year. Today one can still find stuff for MSRP or slightly less but its really hard to buy a frontier now for a 3-4K discount. But you can still find great deals on Titan's for well over 5K off. Maybe the only truck that is possible.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I paid $39,000 for my 2020/21 PRO-4X in February. 0% for 60 months through Nissan.
One also has to remember that the P4X MSRP went up about 5K or about 12 percent. Considering the changes one can reasonably rationalize that but there is still allot of margin for discounts once all this silliness settles down. But some are paying over 25 percent more with addendums. Its not me to judge but I'm just saying not all dealers are doing that. In some regions or in some states there may be no way to get a fair deal. To one not willing to reach out of state for a fair deal it may appear there are no deals to be had. But one global search on auto trader will prove my point. And remember, it only cost 1 dollar/mile to ship a truck to within a few miles of your home.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you had said in posts. My theory is, "You can always change the interest rate, but you cannot change the principle." Dealers don't like me as I don't care what the payment or interest is. What is my OTD.
I had a friend who balked at 27k @14%. They came back at 31k @9% and she took the deal. I just shook my head as I can get a chase loan at 3% so give me 24k @ 21%.

Same with housing. I'm waiting for a house currently at 500k to drop to about 250k once the market crashes. Sure I will pay 10% on a loan but in 10 years interest will be back down to 3% again and I can refinance. This is what happened in late 2000's.
When I bought my '15 SV CCLB VTP, the sticker was $32K, I negotiated it to $28K, with tax $30k, the mistake I made was buying the service contract, which became worthless pretty quickly, but added $2k to the price. I put down $20k and financed $12k, as a joke I financed it for 60 months, but paid it off in 12 months.

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
143 Posts
What are you not telling us? You’re upside down on your current vehicle, in a market where they are seriously over paying for cars, and even more overpriced. But, that $46k car will have another $3,500 in taxes, so you’ll actually have a $50k car loan, so a $700/month payment for 83 months. Whoever is financing you is salivating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$58,100 when paid off, not counting what they make on your trade, they will do pretty good

·
Registered
1 Posts
My trade they are being stingy one and i need to roll over a whopping 150 bucks in negative equity. Hard to negotiate anything when all they say is no and let you walk… sad times.
We were going to trade our '17 Escape for a 2020 Pro4X. The dealers both insulted us with their lowball trade offers. We did go with the 2020 Frontier over the Ranger. Ranger $ are stoopid,imo. So,we sold the Escape to CARMAX. They gave us $4000 more than the dealers offered. I told a coworker about it,and he sold his WRX/STI and Toyota Tacoma to CARMAX. he was upside down on the Tacoma,with $800 monthly payments. Very happy with CARMAX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking to buy this maybe, it isn’t my first choice but i did like the test drive. If i am going to buy i want to go big and the dealership had a fully loaded white one that came in just under 49k out the door. No dealer markup that i could see but i will be paying at MSRP.

One think to note is that this will be a 83 month loan at 2.25%.

Thanks for any insight into if the price is fair or not.
Definitely expensive but I love my 2017 frontier and if I could do it I’d buy it out from under ya lol enjoy don’t think you are going wrong with the truck but the price is what it is these days

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking to buy this maybe, it isn’t my first choice but i did like the test drive. If i am going to buy i want to go big and the dealership had a fully loaded white one that came in just under 49k out the door. No dealer markup that i could see but i will be paying at MSRP.

I have always thought MSRP FOR A FRONTIER PRO 4X was a bit hard to swallow, so this, no. I eould keep looking for better ways to spend your money.

·
Registered
19 Posts

That’s a lot of money I would hold off till thy get a lot of trucks out to dealerships I would love to get one but I just can’t pull the trigger

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have the 22 with the tech package and it's the pro 4x. Rides a lot better than my 08 Silverado but I miss the room on my old truck (still have it)

It's not a great market to buy right now but the selling market seems to be better

·
Registered
20 Posts

Too expensive for my blood. I drive a 2019 pro 4x I paid 30k for. Its great. 49k is way too much for a 2022.

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
It’s amazing what a new vehicle can do to a rational mind. 🤔
Almost as bad as selecting a spouse in many instances. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Clint

Reactions: ghstrydr and 4dogs

·
Registered
59 Posts

Well it is truly loaded. As was mine. And the price - msrp with no dealer add on sounds good. I don't know about finance rate. If you work and look hard you may get it for a k less but is it worth the effort. By the way does the out the door price include tax, tags, etc. If so that makes the price better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lol i dont fly, i want to also trade in my current car. I dont see my finding one cheaper and i wont lie this truck wasn’t my first choice.

Far as the long loan term I wanted to keep my payment similar to what i currently pay for my jeep. all be it extending the loan period a ton.
it is a fair price and what is next ?? maybe next year 55k or none at all. electric ? go buy it before someone does.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yeah panic buy thats the ticket!
This crisis will end, most likely. And we’ll be back to dealers giving big rebates.
And if the crisis is getting worse, going into much bigger debt than needed is the worst thing to do. Buy gold, guns, land, not a loded truck.
No wonder half of Americans at age 60 have little retirement savings and a bleak future.

·
Super Moderator
11,721 Posts
Vehicles are depreciating assets unless they are hot classic cars but that can change without notice.

Clint

Reactions: Gregs2022ProX
81 - 100 of 120 Posts