Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running ironman suspension on there d40 I was thinking about getting the kit if anyone has anything to say bout it

·
Registered
21 Posts
better quality? what are you talking about im running ironman and its great nothing wrong with it at all. my old man runs OME on his d40 and the ironman is my preference hands down. you wont regret it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is anyone running ironman suspension on there d40 I was thinking about getting the kit if anyone has anything to say bout it
Well just look at my set-up and I use Ironman, so anyone that says its not good gear is miss informed.

You can get far better quality for not a lot more money. do your home work before parting out with your $$$. Cheers.
:hi:

Whats classed as better quailty in your opinion? I have found the quailty of the Ironman product to be great? With the laws getting tighter on lifts and the major changes in your set-up with radflows and after market UCA's at least Ironman is local and you can still get quite abit of stock nissan parts local too if you should break anything?

So what do you run in your Navara? brand etc.... I'm intrested to see what you base your comments on?

these are shots with Ironman Suspension.

now you decide?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well just look at my set-up and I use Ironman, so anyone that says its not good gear is miss informed.

:hi:

Whats classed as better quailty in your opinion? I have found the quailty of the Ironman product to be great? With the laws getting tighter on lifts and the major changes in your set-up with radflows and after market UCA's at least Ironman is local and you can still get quite abit of stock nissan parts local too if you should break anything?

So what do you run in your Navara? brand etc.... I'm intrested to see what you base your comments on?

these are shots with Ironman Suspension.

now you decide?
First of all, I never mentioned anything about the handling, offroad ability or how good your truck will look in a static photo!!!
In fact I wasn't sh_t canning anyone that is running Ironman suspension. This is a forum and I was offering my own advice not shouting down other members because i have a different point of view!!
I have based my advice on the fact that I have done a range of tests on Ironman shocks and many others over 20 years. This has included dyno work, and a full range of destructive tests, ie cutting them open, bending shafts, testing nitriding depth, tube thickness, we even tested the paint with a crude sandblasting technique. I therefore was purely commenting that there ARE higher quality built suspension components available that offer more versatility than the Ironman brand. I didn't sprook off saying my car was better or any particular branding was best, All I stated was to do your own homework.

F.Y.I. I am running Bilstein shockers, and king springs because I got them cheap!, their not quite the ideal spring rate, but it's always a compromise for a road going four wheel drive. Their a guys on this forum who have much better components and deeper pockets than me. All up it cost me the same as Ironman by installing it myself. I may have the worst handling ute in Australia for all I know...
I hope this helps but most likely will upset those narrow minded few.

·
Registered
249 Posts
wow someone got thrown from the wrong side of the bed this morning? I didn't mean to pi** you off?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all' I had a post on here last week about the ironman springs about them sagging in the front after four months. I dont have a problem with there struts but the coils are shite' they sent another pair to me and they did the same and yes they were the constant load ones. for the weekend offroader they may be allright but for someone who uses there fourby 24/7 in the bush they dont cut i. will try a different coil on the ironman strut and see what happends not sure which one yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts