Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i guess before the weekend i should do the rear axle breather mod for my 07 , cut hole in fender for a snorkel and possibly invest in some damp rid for my slammed hardbody lol i may be reaching out for carpet too depending on how deep it gets haha

Im just down the road from the space center by like 5 miles wish me luck if this thing decides to show its colors on the coast
and if anyone else is in Florida Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Kick it 4X4 and get to higher ground

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
353 Posts
Y'all stay safe. All of my family in Cocoa, Viera, and Merrit Island are bunkering down. Depending on how everything goes I may PM you guys to do a drive by if I lose contact with them. Mainly my sister and mom's house in Cocoa.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Everyone here is in a panic even after we've been downgraded to 30 mile an hour winds and rain.

Best of luck to anyone down in Florida. Stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm up in Gainesville, my truck is on a lift in the dodge dealership where my buddy works, still trying to find a rear diff housing. Fortunately he was cool enough to loan me his 97 GT mustang convertable but that isn't much of a deep water driver. lol Best of luck to the rest of you florida guys that are near the coast.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Flagler Beach here. We're under "mandatory" evacuation as of this morning and curfew at 7pm tonight. Since Irma now tracking west, the expected forecast winds for this area are a max of about 45 knots and gusts to about 60. So, we're sliding out shutters closed tonight and will just hunker down in place. Our house is a block from A1A and 22 feet above sea level, so we should be fine.

Everyone out there affected, be careful, stay safe and remember the old rule of thumb: Hide from the wind, but run from the water.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Get those trucks on high jacks/bricks just in case water rises several feet.

Stay safe everyone in Florida.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Everybody make it through OK? I sure hope so, it was pretty nasty up here. We just got power back this morning after losing it late Sunday night. No damage to life or property, very thankful for that. Lots a trees down in my area and all around NE FL.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Finally got power, cable and internet back within minutes of each other. That being said, about 1/3 of our island is still under water, though it is receding. At least 1/2 the homes took some damage. Many will be total losses that got flooded along the intracoastal and low-lying parts of the island.

My home is on the highest part of Flagler Beach, and I rode out Irma here. I figured the house withstood Matthew with no issues, so I closed my shutters and hunkered down for Irma. It was a sleepless night, all the noise and banging. I could hear my neighbors back porch flying apart. But, thankfully I took no damage to the house or my detached garage and zero flooding. My only casualties were a chain-link fence and the wind/sand sandblasted the paint off the trim of my house.

All in all, glad we made it, but a lot of people have no homes to live in, here and throughout Florida, to say nothing of other areas Irma hit before it came to the U.S.

On a lighter note, while we still had no power and the heat was oppressive, the fire department went around in a service truck and handed out free ice cream sandwiches and freeze pops to people working outside cleaning up debris. ::smile::

Kudos to Flagler Beach police, fire and Flagler County sheriff as well as FPL for getting the lights on so quickly (5 days).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts