Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8O Hi all !!! I was wondering whats the best way to hook up an iPod without using one of those fm radio things~ I have the monster one from monster cable but the reception kinda sucks. If there is no other way to hook it up can you guys recommend a good fm adaptor ?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Dadrew,

Thanks for the topic. My wife received an iPod at her company Christmas party and
neither of us know how to even use this thing. Boy I hate getting old, the older I get the faster things seem to be happening in the world..

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

OkieScot

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/aai.htm
Part# AAI-NIS

Here is the answer to hook upan Ipod to the Newer Frontier!! It costs about $75 to $100 and you have to have a satellite ready radio. Unfortunatly, I've looked at about every online store that may carry this and they are all sold out. Also, if you use it for the Ipod you will need to get an adapter for the Ipod to hook into an aux port! This does not work if you already have the satellite tuner installed!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
im my opinion an ipod or any mp3 player that is directly connected to the radio by the means of an aux port or a built in ipod connector ( the ones that plug in the bottom) offer the best sound, the fm reciever things such as an i-trip sucks unless if your in the middle of nowhere.
-Joseph

·
Registered
906 Posts
ITrip

I have an iPod Mini, and just got an iTrip it's an FM transmitter. It was on sale at Target for $19.94 you just plug it into the headphone jack on the top of the iPod, tune your raido to 87.9 (there is a CD rom included to change this if you need to) and press play. I did find that there seemed to be a lot of interfearence, then we turned the volume down to half way on the iPod and used the radio volume it worked great.

That being said I do not have satilite radio and do not know if that would make any difference. :roll:

·
Registered
906 Posts
If I could only read

Sorry I just noticed that it said withOUT using the FM transmitter. But if you're getting bad reception maybe turning down the volume on the iPod will help with yours too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The reason you guys get interference is because of the station. You need to get an iTrip or equivenant that you can tune yourseld in the car. I have the Monster iCarplay and it works fine as long as you can tune into a total staticy channel.

As far as the volume goes you want it between 50-75% and then use your radio volume, otherwise you get distortion.

·
Registered
906 Posts
ITrip

Yep the iTrip you can change the station on, but you have to download some software that came with it. The only problem with this I'm finding is that in the Chicago there aren't too many unused stations. Or it may be unused near my house but as I drive it start picking up stuff. But hay for $20 I'll keep trying. Keeping the iPod volume down seems to help.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just got my iCruise wireless car kit. It has 13 pre-set FM channels to go through to get a clear channel.

Can't wait to get this thing working.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ok returned the iTrip. Though you can program in other stations you have to do it through the computer, and that I can't do while driving. I would get fine reception at my house but on my drive to work I would get all kinds of interfearence. So I went and got a Transpod. It was $100, but you can change it to any station you want, and it also charges your iPod. So far NO interfearence at all, infact it even over road a station. I guess it just goes to show you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
460 Posts
FYI:

Just to let you guys know who are interested in Satellite radio, most radios have a programmable FM frequency adjustment which makes it easy for getting a proper FM station. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a new JVC deck with a external Aux port in the front. I bought a wire to hook from the Aux port to the headset jack in the ipod and it sounds Awesome and it only cost me $4.99 from walmart.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Good News Guys, Nissan just released an IPOD interface for your Vehicles, it plugs into the back of the radio, in the SAT port (harness available to convert to 2 ports if needed)
and allows you to see the ipod display on your radio display, and also shuffle, play, skip, repeat songs.... it really is full functionla, and will work with stereo controls as well.
It is a but pricey, but it is done right..

193.00 for Vehcile without sat radio (Must have 6 disc radio)
224.00 for vehicles with SAT activated.

Check it out: http://www.yournissanparts.com/index.cgi?PageToView=catalog&Department=191674&Cartid=21801137786017&Merchant=nissanofturnersville&ExpandedDepts=188817&Page=2

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Here's the information Brian had on the release for the iPod Interface:

Selling points vs. aftermarket solutions:

Nissan’s iPod Interface is backed by Nissan warranty (see actual limited warranty for complete details)
Nissan’s iPod interface is fully integrated into factory audio system – no external or plug-in wiring
When connected, the iPod is controlled via steering wheel and/or in-dash audio controls providing access to menus, songs, categories, etc. – eliminating the inconvenience of referencing and controlling both a radio unit and an iPod
When connected, the iPod is stored safely and discretely in the glove compartment – no external wiring and your iPod is not in-view when you’re away from the vehicle providing added security
The iPod is charged when connected – no external 12-volt connection or wiring required

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes that's would be great, only the information says that you either have to have satelite radio or a 6 disc radio. My stock stero is only 1 dics no satelite. If you don't have either of those things you have to go FM transmitter. It is a pain to unplug and hide everytime I leave my truck, but it does sound good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
now i understand that plug is used for an i pod , can the same theory be used for an after market sirius or xm, i found this site , i think someone here posted it and its the answer for the guys with sat, 6 disc radios ( sorry guys wit single disc) you can have two aux inputs give the site a try, http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/AAI-NIS2.pdf its a pdf file so if the link does not work go to www.pac-audio.com and search for aai-nis2 and your all set, i'll be ordering this part soo, i will post how it worked out,,

·
Registered
697 Posts
i have the single disk cd player and the griffin road trip. it works great, i have always hated those ft transmitters, but i saw my boss had one in his car and it worked great. i asked for one for christmas, and i like it alot. it was kind of expensive, but still cheaper than a new stero w/ipod hookup.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts