Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today I learned that you can skip songs with the steering wheel when you have an iPhone plugged in. I made an account actually to ask if this was possible but today I learned that it is, but for me it only works sometimes. For example, as soon as I plug my phone in, I am able to skip songs for as long as I want as long as the song never goes past a couple seconds (for about 10 seconds after I plug my phone in I am able to skip at any time). After this ~10 second window passes, I am unable to skip songs through the steering wheel controls or even with the seek buttons on the head unit. I have an iPhone 7 so I can no longer really use the auxiliary input, and the charging and menu on the screen are also kind of handy, but I wish I had the ability to skip songs through my steering wheel. Are there any fixes or workarounds for this?

Forgot to mention, I have a 2014 SV with 6 speakers, no navigation menu

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a 2014 SV and I only occasionally get that no-skip bug. Usually, it works as intended, but there are certain songs that give me problems every time, and I'm forced to listen to the song without being able to skip ahead or back to a previous song. No idea what causes it.

I should mention that I'm using an old iPod touch, like the first or second generation. It's ancient.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I have a '15 SV, I often use my ipod as well, it will skip the song no matter where it's at, but, I every time I plug it in, I have to make sure to select song order instead of random play order.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Are you referring to streaming music OR music in your actual iPhone/iTunes?

Probably no help, but I'm using an older iPhone (in Airplane mode) as an iPod w/ all music stored in device/iTunes = no issues using steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you referring to streaming music OR music in your actual iPhone/iTunes?

Probably no help, but I'm using an older iPhone (in Airplane mode) as an iPod w/ all music stored in device/iTunes = no issues using steering wheel controls.
Yes, I primarily use Spotify for my music. I haven't tried actual downloaded music on my iPhone 7, but I'll try that pretty soon. I don't really buy any music anymore because I pay for Spotify premium. I did just try using an old iPod touch and that was able to skip songs that were in the music library. The skipping works in Spotify as outlined in the first post. If it does work in the library then I guess this whole post was for nothing, but I wish it would work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: works with music library. Guess this whole post was for nothing. I wish it would work for Spotify the way it's supposed to with music. Guess I'll have to get my Spotify music into my library for it to all work out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Update: works with music library. Guess this whole post was for nothing. I wish it would work for Spotify the way it's supposed to with music. Guess I'll have to get my Spotify music into my library for it to all work out.
Yeah it's works great with the downloaded music but if I try Pandora I have to manually skip a song if I don't want to listen to it. I typically just listen to my downloaded music because I don't want to be messing with my phone on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts