Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Contact jerseyparts, that's Brian at YourNissanParts.com, he's super and has all the parts you need. He's the second post on the first page, PM hime or visit their website. If you order on-line use the coupon code "clbttn" and get 10% off. If you call him to order, tell him you're a member of Club Frontier, and you'll get the same discount! He's actually the parts manager for Nissan of Turnersville in NJ, so all the parts are OEM Nissan Parts and carry the Nissan Warranty! Brian should be able to answer all your questions!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I pop in here now and again!
Congrats Paul on the Moderatorship you will do great,
Now the Ipod Interfaces are flying off the shelf, once people hear the quality of the sound, it sells itself, I wish there was a way to sample it to put on the internet.

AND BTW the clubfrontier code works the same as the clbttn code.
both take 10% off the order.

·
Registered
224 Posts
how easy is the ipod to navigate? can you browse by artist, album etc?? for instance, if you have 1000 songs in 100 albums. can you jump right to an album? or jump right to an artist, then the albums under that artist?

i bought a kenwood ddx-7017 in-dash touch-screen dvd player.. and i installed the ipod adapter for it and it BLOOOOOOOOOOOOWS. seriously, its so hard to use that i am considering taking the entire deck out and going back to the stock unit. i drive way too much and love listening to my ipod too much to put up with it. the only way to navigate the ipod is to make playlists. and you are limited to 99 playlists and 99 songs per playlist. so you can only have 9801 songs. i know thats a lot but still... the very fact that you have to go through that nonsense is rediculous. also.... it will only display the title of the song. so if you want to know who the artist, album is... you basically cant. you can switch the format to scan the ipod by artist, but then it wont display track title and if you set it to this option, it automatically restarts the ipod from the top....and you cant shuffle in this mode. what a waste!!! im sooooo pissed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i can't speak for the factory interface, but i installed an alpine 9857 head unit and the ipod integration is very impressive. you can browse by categories just like the ipod, for example if you hit an artist name, then it shows all the albums, if you hit that then it shows all the songs. alpine's system isn't flawless but i would buy it again over anything else out there.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well there is about 3 pages of stuff so i didnt want to read it all...just add my 2cents.

Ive also got the Ipod interface with my unit (IVA-D300, alpine) its a In dash DVD unit...and it was retarded how easy it was to hook up...no kidding...2 wires.

Works amazing....You can see the Track Titles and listin to what you want with the press of a button. I would def. recomend it to anyone

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The OEM iPod interface will let you scroll by album, artist, song, etc., but I don't know if I'd call it as easy as using the iPod! You use the radio controls to scroll the various menus then push a button (I don't recall which one without being in front of the radio) and that sets that menu (i.e. album, artist, etc) then you scroll again and push the button to select what you want. The problem is there is no feed back when you push the button. It works fine, but it takes some getting used to. Also, the display is limited to one line (no scrolling) so if you have long titles you only see the first 6 to 8 letters. But, the sound is awesome! It really makes those quirks much more bearable! Another plus for me is the fact it works with the stock 6 disc head unit, and is hidden away out of sight. So, from a theft deterent perspective, it's great, no flashy new head unit, no tell tale cables, and you can keep the iPod connected and safely out of sight in your glove box! Did I mention, it also charges the iPod when it's connected and the ignition is on!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm resurrecting this thread because Paul linked to it from another thread.

On many threads, we've always said that you can't use the factory XM or Sirius kit and/or the Nissan iPod interface if your truck didn't come with the factory 6-CD changer and satellite radio pre-wiring. I've said it myself several times.

This is technically true, but not completely accurate. you CAN add the Nissan XM/Sirius kit and the Nissan iPod interface to your truck if it came with the single-disc CD player. However, you have to do the following:

1 - Purchase the OEM 6-CD changer, either the version from the KC truck (no amp required) OR the one from the Rockford Fosgate system (will require an external amp). Note that you'll need to purchase new mounting brackets ($20) because the mounting brackets for the 6-CD changer are different from the ones with the single-disc player.

2 - Purchase the Nissan satellite radio pre-wiring harness. Part #B8377-5W900.

Now, you can add the satellite radio kit AND/OR the iPod kit.

If you only want the satellite radio kit, you can purchase just the satellite tuner kit, mounting bracket, and antenna.

If you only want the iPod gateway, you can purchase the iPod kit for radios WITHOUT satellite radio installed.

If you want both, you have to purchase the XM/Sirius kit AND the iPod kit for radios WITH satellite radio installed.

I have just purchased all of these from Brian at www.yournissanparts.com (thanks Brian!) and will be installing all of it this weekend. I will take photos of the installation process and do a "how-to" write-up for everyone's benefit when I'm finished.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts