Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. This past weekend I put in a JVC KW-V320BT. Great unit. However, I have one issue with it. The rear "aux port".

I have a SkyFi XM radio. I like it that way so I can take it out of my truck and put it in the wife's car when we go on trips. It uses the standard 3.5mm output. With my old stereo I had a FM Modulator to listen to it through the truck stereo. Was hoping with my new head unit to use an AUX input. However the one on my unit is listed as a "ipod input". The stereo won't see that it has a signal when I plug in my XM radio.

I have searched on here, on the net in general in several different ways and can't find if there is something stupid I am missing. Even the factory specs list it as a "rear input for music player" but it seems it is only for an iPod.

I am using the FM modulator again now, but was hoping to go the simpler route.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. I actually had forgotten I had posted this. After emailing JVC and fooling around with it, I figured that out. Had to reset everything as you have to choose that during initial setup. I also changed the aux cable to a 3pole instead of the standard 2pole. Not that that should have mattered since I'm not playing video or anything. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace the 8 year old cable anyway.

Thanks for the reply though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts