Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when i am sitting at idle with the tranny in D(rive) and my foot on the brake, i get an vibration that i can feel on the floorboards and sterring wheel. doesnt last long but it is intermittent. doesnt seem to happen in N(eutral) though. any thoughts on what it could be?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe your A/C or defrost is on, pulling the RPM's down, try setting it to Floor and see if it still does it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
06NissFront6-spSE said:
Maybe your A/C or defrost is on, pulling the RPM's down, try setting it to Floor and see if it still does it.
i thought i might get this, neither the a/c nor defrost is on.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Could it be the motor mounts? I had a problem similar awhile back with my old car...But it wasn't intermittent...maybe you're seeing the first signs...Seems kind of early for that though...do you have high miles?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kilago said:
Could it be the motor mounts? I had a problem similar awhile back with my old car...But it wasn't intermittent...maybe you're seeing the first signs...Seems kind of early for that though...do you have high miles?
12,000 miles on the odo so far. may check for that though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine does it also. It is just the RPMs going down do to some load, probably alternator or smog pump, or something else.

To get rid of it, just have you idle speed increased a little.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have heard of reading something like this. It has to do with the drive shaft being out of balance, I believe there is a TSB out on it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gfronty05 said:
I have heard of reading something like this. It has to do with the drive shaft being out of balance, I believe there is a TSB out on it.
hmmmm. another thing to bring up to the dealer. i'll check the tsbs

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
G,

I think he means it's rough when he's sitting still at a stop light with the transmission in Drive and his foot on the brake. If that's the case, I don't think the drive shaft would play into the equation! Now if he's ideling and the truck is moving, that's a different story!

My truck does the same thing when I'm stopped at a traffic light with my foot on the brake. It's done it since the truck was new, I just figured it was normal being as it's not real bad. The grounding kit improved it slightly, but I can still feel it. Again, because it seems to run fine otherwise, I'm not that worried about it. Every truck I've ever owned (that was automatic anyway) has had some slight vibration when the transmission is in drive and your sitting still with your foot on the brake. Mine seems most noticible after I come to a stop after cruising on the highway.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I hear where your coming from, I just read something like that in one of the forums, cannot remember though. Maybe check the injectors to see if anything blocking them, just a thought.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gfronty05 said:
I hear where your coming from, I just read something like that in one of the forums, cannot remember though. Maybe check the injectors to see if anything blocking them, just a thought.
i posted the same topic on a few forums. needless to say, some people frequent all the frontier boards but there are other knowledgeable people that dont. soemone on TUNFS told me to add a fuel additive to clean my injectors.

to address Paul, i didnt notice the vibration till 2,000 miles ago. it may have been there since the beginning but it sure is noticeable now. i never notice the rpms drop but maybe i will look out for it now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rough Idle

I have a rough idle but I don't have to be in drive although having a/c on does seem to make it a little worse. I have noticed that if I turn on the side mirror heaters the idle smooths right out!
Turn the button off and the idle drops momentarily and resumes still in a rough state. This makes no sense because you would think the extra electric load would cause the alternator to work harder and cause a rougher idle, not the other way around.

I have brought it to the dealer and they have confirmed the scenario I just described. Nissan has had them make a lot of measurements and their last suggestion was to change a muffler bushing. This makes no sense to me or the dealer but the dealer says they have to follow the recomendations put forth by nissan.. I am currently waiting for the parts to come in so the dealer can install them and confirm that this is not the problem so we can move on and find the real problem.

Has anyone else experienced the same ?

·
Registered
838 Posts
i get this vibe w/ my 05 kc 6 speed when sitting at a light as well. right around 2 thou. rpm's i start feeling it while in gear so i tried it out of gear and nothing changes. no the a/c, heat, or defrost is on. i wish someone had a resolution for this because we all know the "stealership" is useless. thanks!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BABYBUSA01 said:
i get this vibe w/ my 05 kc 6 speed when sitting at a light as well. right around 2 thou. rpm's i start feeling it while in gear so i tried it out of gear and nothing changes. no the a/c, heat, or defrost is on. i wish someone had a resolution for this because we all know the "stealership" is useless. thanks!
i dont want to go to the dealership because all they will do is keep my truck for a day or two and then tell me that they couldnt duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vibration coming through floorboards, steering, pedals

I have had this problem since I got the Truck, The Dealer (owner) got involved and told me that all the ones on the lot did the same thing, so therefore it is not a problem. Any time I buy a vehicle that costs this much and it vibrates at Idle and pulling in top gear @1500 RPM, and worse if the A/C is on, I have one word. JUNK!JUNK! I have had two Toyotas and neither of them even remotely had this problem! :evil:

·
Registered
838 Posts
i think JUNK! is a bit harsh, but hey, it's your opinion. the dealer already wasted my time last week. they kept my truck and only repaired the fuel cap recall. as far as the other issues i had w. the truck i.e. seat rattle, back jump seats falling down, and that lovely tapping noise under my steering column, they gave me the excuse of looking at another brand new truck and found nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Junk too harsh?

All you have to do is read the forum and see all the negitivity towards the dealers and the answer is, they don't know how to fix anything that does't show up on the scope.

Read all the service bulletins and recalls on this truck and it makes one wonder who designed this thing. The only thing that I do like is the performance of the engine. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts