Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys use to get rid of it (besides the defroster). i tried "fogx", a product similar to "rainx" but it made it worse. i was pissed.

i don't like to run the a/c to defrost, and i always get too hot with the heater on for the windows. i just can't seem to keep the interior window streak free, its weird.

not that it really matters, but this is for the bimmer.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Try leaving one of the windows cracked a bit, even when the heat is on. It's not so much the difference in temp between exterior and interior that causes foggy windows, but a combination of the temp and humidity. Leaving the window open a crack will equalize the humidity problem. It's always worked for me.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do that when i'm by myself, but its annoying when i'm with a friend and the windows are down and it makes it hard to hear.
the ladies don't like their hair blowing around either. it just seems like i'm having to pay too much attention having to keep the windows unfogged. using the a/c on a low setting works well, but i hate running the a/c because i don't like the power loss.

·
Registered
881 Posts
It doesn't have to be open much, but yea...the lady factor is a consideration.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,489 Posts
for overnight, you can leave a 1/2 cup of ground coffee in a cup in your car. it helps pull the humidity out of the air.

is your a/c leaking water inside? they shouldn't be fogging unless there is moisture.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
for overnight, you can leave a 1/2 cup of ground coffee in a cup in your car. it helps pull the humidity out of the air.

is your a/c leaking water inside? they shouldn't be fogging unless there is moisture.

What he said about moisture, but it could be any where. Check all your carpets.

Also make sure you heating system is not set to recirculate. Run with your defroster on with no fan, then adjust to a comfortable temp. If the vents are set to fresh a little draft should blow across the windows.
Of course down there the exhaust from junk cars can suck, means you always need to be in front:) you don't have a problem with that though, do you :laugh:

·
Rogue Admin
15,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
on a side note leaving a window cracked open in winter can really suck. done that a couple of times and both times scraped frost off the outside got in and noticed i also had frost on the inside of my windows lol. but i'm interested in this too cause when its not hot or cold outside and its raining it really annoys me when i have to pick either being really hot or really cold with using the heat or ac to defog

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

the windows aren't foggy untill i get into the car and drive for a few minutes with the windows up. the thing that is causing the condensation is my warm body.

What he said about moisture, but it could be any where. Check all your carpets.

Also make sure you heating system is not set to recirculate. Run with your defroster on with no fan, then adjust to a comfortable temp. If the vents are set to fresh a little draft should blow across the windows.
Of course down there the exhaust from junk cars can suck, means you always need to be in front:) you don't have a problem with that though, do you :laugh:
i do set the vents to defrost with fresh air on a low setting, it just seems like with more then one person in the car, or if i'm extra warm (driving home from the gym), the fresh air setting doesn't seem to keep the fog off the windows.

also - do you have a sun roof? if so, have you checked the drains?

is your heater core inside the dash?

and: How to make your own Anti-Fog Window Treatment
no sun roof, not sure about the heater core.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its impossible to seal out the moisture inside a car. humidity in the air gets inside when you open the door.

·
Rogue Admin
15,489 Posts
well, i live where its average over 90% humidity, and besides the leather seats in my truck (which retains humidity rather well), then if i have fog then i know that something is wet. i am either dragging in the rain (and it rains about 200 days per year) or moisture is getting in somehow.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
it might be the leather then... everything inside is leather, including the dash and door panels.

even the worthless back seats are leather.

hang a damprid closet bag off the suit hook. clean glass,get off any product residue. ie. armorall,fogx.
i tried fogx and it made it worse, maybe i used too little. i followed the directions and it sucked. i'm going to just have to spend some time and clean the interior really good with some glass cleaner.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'll try it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I left my rear slider open during a huge downpour.Had the same problem.Iput 2 damprid bags in the truck for 4 days. leave the windows up/you should see water in the bags in about a day or two.They smell funky while thier in but its better than mildew. On a fun note ,we had 15 inches of snow on Cape Cod last week. Took my 06 se out in the storm,it did well ,had a lot of fun

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't know of anything that works permanently but if you take a terrycloth window washer and a sqweegie with some water and Dawn dishwashing detergent, it works for much longer than anything I have seen thus far. Put some water in a container FIRST, add only a few drops of detergent so it doesn't get sudsy on you, dip the sqweegie with terry cloth in it, squeeze all the water out so it is almost dry and clean the glass in a circular motion. After this is done, use a sqweegie to take off the soap, wipe the edges of the glass that are still wet and you are done. I have had this last for almost 6 months in all kinds of Florida weather. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.