Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum!
I have a 2005 NISMO, It has the 6 disc changer but the nissan garage told me that the IPod system is incompatable.
Does anyone know if this is true?
I would have to buy the $165 system if it works or if there is a work around like plugging an aux cable with two male ends into the back of the stock stereo I would be game for that.
I Really want to keep the stereo that came with the truck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You could always get a dock with a FM transmitter in it. That would allow you to keep your stock radio and use the ipod. Not a perfect solution, but it's easier than pulling the radio and running wires... Some of them are fairly reasonable less than a 100 bucks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Negative. Just the 6 disc changer version that I stopped playing CD's in once I installed the iPod.
HAHA I never thought I would see the day that CD's are out of style! That makes me feel old!

The plan is to not carry any CD's and just use my IPod like you do.

I'll buy it and if it doesn't work then I'll sell it on ebay or something!

·
Super Moderator
19,933 Posts
HAHA I never thought I would see the day that CD's are out of style! That makes me feel old!

The plan is to not carry any CD's and just use my IPod like you do.

I'll buy it and if it doesn't work then I'll sell it on ebay or something!
Did you look it up on that website in the link? I don't see why it would not work in your 05. I used part number 999U7-VR000 gateway kit and 999U7-VS000 harness type B.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you look it up on that website in the link? I don't see why it would not work in your 05. I used part number 999U7-VR000 gateway kit and 999U7-VS000 harness type B.
Yeah, and the link has it listed as an 05-06 compatibility the guy at the nissan garage said that his "list" didn't show it working.

Like I said, I'll try it, and if it doesn't work then i'll sell it, there are plenty going on ebay for the same amount or more I should get my money back.

Thanks for the link as well! You saved me like 30 bucks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I belive your head unit has to have the button for SAT or the option to select sattellite radio for the OEM ipod interface to work

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a iSimple installed from Best Buy. It seems to be working great! It set me back about $180 w/ free installation. There were two antenna adapters I had to get at $30 bucks a piece that jacked up the price. The system gives you the option to have them install an auxiliary input or the standard ipod connector that I opted for for obvious reasons such as charging the ipod. It works like a transmitter but because it is wired in directly to the antenna there is no interference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
05 With RF and ipod interface

I have an 05 Nismo with the rockford fosgate system. I have had the nissan ipod interface since it was released. Works, not the best out there, but like you wanted to keep the stock headunit. I had the original PAC-NIS but the sound is much better through the ipod interface. If you have the satellite radio you will need to purchase the extra cable.

Think I picked mine up from Courtesy....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an 05 Nismo with the rockford fosgate system. I have had the nissan ipod interface since it was released. Works, not the best out there, but like you wanted to keep the stock headunit. I had the original PAC-NIS but the sound is much better through the ipod interface. If you have the satellite radio you will need to purchase the extra cable.

Think I picked mine up from Courtesy....
Excellent, I've been determined to find a better one than the PAC-NIS which really never worked for me at all.

How was install?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Install

Was fairly straight forward. Took about an hour.

Keep in mind though that if you are using an ipod classic with a plethora of music on it, the controls are a little clunky with the nissan oem interface. If you are looking for an artist in the middle of the alphabet it is a pain to get to.

But as I said, if you want to keep the factory stereo, this will give you much better sound than the PAC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm throwing on the iSimple. Have the single disc in mine, and techs at dealership said you can't change single, with six disc. And only way to use iPod interface is with six disc. So since I did not want aftermarket radio, doing iSimple. Heard nothing but good things about it, crossing my fingers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts