Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently contacted Lokka about making an auto locker for our C200k rear axles. The powertrax has pretty poor user reviews, the ARB is a grand, and the m226 swap generally necessitates an expensive regear.

I have had great experiences with my front lokka, the install was easy thanks to the write up on thenewx and I've kept pace with trucks that are built way out of my league.

RJ, the representative, told me that
"They've told me they would prefer to get have an order of 50 units but will consider an order of 30 units.*

To do this the factory will also require a donor diff to design the new Lokka to fit.*
The diff carrier,internal gears, cross pin and the inner piece of axle would be required.*

We are willing to do an exchange of Lokka for the diff if you can find a donor willing to exchange."

The list starts here and it is combined between thenewx and clubfrontier
Lets see what we can get going!

PRICE is set at $340 USD

1. FRONTIER4X
2. Mtaylor
3. Blue Fronty
4. Eroc101
5. GMK14
6. LittleBull
7. Sabertooth
8. Slick72
9. DiscoCam
10. Sanders
11. Random Person
12. Civengas85
13. SwanSmash
14. Multifidus
15. CCG1018
16. Battousaited
17. Sixnineg
18. ef9
19. Mtyler11
20. Drobs
21. DreamX
NEXT 5 SIGNUPS WILL GET THIS PROJECT ROLLING

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm interested should be getting the refund soon as long as the govt doesn't shut down lol would like a little more info on their products and when they are talking

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm interested should be getting the refund soon as long as the govt doesn't shut down lol would like a little more info on their products and when they are talking

There area few threads on thenewx and here regarding people's experiences with the front lochers. I have one and in 2wd on road its really not there, but off road its an animal. In 4wd it behaves differently from stock, giving a wider turning circle, and making it difficult to do donuts or drift in snow covered lots. It really churns through the snow and mud though. Wgen turning, its different from a normal front locker (like a rubicon) because it unlocks to allow diffe re nt wheel speeds. Otherwise its always locked

This threads about getting a rear auto locker, which is a different, but similar animal. It should help when towing up slippery boat ramps, going up hills off road, in twist ditches, on snow and icy roads, etc...

I believe that lokkas website has some videos, and there are definitely a few youtube videos kickin around

·
Registered
548 Posts
You can put me down. Maybe by the time they come out with the C200k locker I'll have been able to get my front lokka in lol

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lokka Pricing and Numbers Updates

This is a pretty good idea for people who dont have 4wd too. I didnt think about those guys.

Heres the latest email that i got from them:

"Ive spoken to the factory.

They've told me they would prefer to get have an order of 50 units but will consider an order of 30 units.

To do this the factory will also require a donor diff to design the new Lokka to fit.
The diff carrier,internal gears, cross pin and the inner piece of axle would be required.

We are willing to do an exchange of Lokka for the diff if you can find a donor willing to exchange.

The price will be set at $340USD for the Lokka. "

·
Registered
655 Posts
There area few threads on thenewx and here regarding people's experiences with the front lochers. I have one and in 2wd on road its really not there, but off road its an animal. In 4wd it behaves differently from stock, giving a wider turning circle, and making it difficult to do donuts or drift in snow covered lots. It really churns through the snow and mud though. Wgen turning, its different from a normal front locker (like a rubicon) because it unlocks to allow diffe re nt wheel speeds. Otherwise its always locked

This threads about getting a rear auto locker, which is a different, but similar animal. It should help when towing up slippery boat ramps, going up hills off road, in twist ditches, on snow and icy roads, etc...

I believe that lokkas website has some videos, and there are definitely a few youtube videos kickin around
Appreciate explaining Frontier4x but have had locker since I first started driving a 379 over 25years ago know how an why more I was asking $$$, reliability and just availability to parts or rebuild kit something like that. Thanks you answered $ few posts down yesterday Yes I'm interested

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try soung some digging around the internet, even australian forums for Land Cruisers and Patrols. I believe they make some products for fords as well. This might give you a more widespread idea of reliabiliry. Ill ask the rep about rebuild parts avaliability

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a Powertrax in my C200K. Richmond no longer manufactures this locker anymore.

Prior to purchasing, I did inquire with Lokka via Facebook to make one for the C200K. They said they would make a note of the request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had front and rear Detroit (same style as Assuie) lockers in my '89 Cherokee. Then was an absolute animal off-road...until I bent one of the alignment pins in the rear locker. Getting a replacement was too expensive from Detroit so I went with an Aussie on a Co-workers recommendation. Installation was simple. Ran that locker for about 90k miles without any issues whatsoever until I sold the Jeep. Great product in my opinion.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a Powertrax in my C200K. Richmond no longer manufactures this locker anymore.

Prior to purchasing, I did inquire with Lokka via Facebook to make one for the C200K. They said they would make a note of the request.

How do you like the powertrax?

I didnt know that richmond doeant make them anymore, but they got a ton of negative feedback plus two blown up diffs in customer vehicles from what I read on the forums.

Looks like rugged rocks is still unloading a few, but at 529 a piece

·
Registered
356 Posts
How do you like the powertrax?

I didnt know that richmond doeant make them anymore, but they got a ton of negative feedback plus two blown up diffs in customer vehicles from what I read on the forums.

Looks like rugged rocks is still unloading a few, but at 529 a piece

Yeah, I spoke directly to Richmond about the warranty and if my unit fails. The guy I spoke to was really nice and offered me a full refund if I didn't want to install it. It has a 2 year warranty. Richmond still had one on the shelf in case I decide to install it and it fails.

I know Just Differentials has a few of these units on the shelf too. They are trying to dump their remaining stock.

I like it. I did take it off-road and it worked well. My truck has an auto trans which makes a huge difference in street manners with an auto locker. I also have the Lokka in the front diff. That works well too.

I have an auto locker(Lock Right) in the rear of my 1995 Hardbody and it has a manual trans. Highly not recommended in that situation.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks for the update Frontier4x on parts not expecting or hoping I will need any but everyone knows things have a tendency to take a crapper when your having fun or not and last thing you want or need is be down for weeks or better cause I don't have the standard part so figure always better to ask and plan for the worst.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 61 Posts