Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 and plan on keeping the warranty as long as I can but i also want to do some minor, mostly sound mods. I'd like to put in a cold air style/possibly a snorkel intake as well as a new y pipe and muffler. I also want to make sure I dont create any warranty issues. Please limit responses to direct experience. A Nissan employee would be great. Cant get a strait answer from my service writer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You will be fine. Modify your truck. I only brought my truck to the dealer for a warranty issue once. Bad door handle gasket. Had an exhaust, intake, intake manifold spacer on at the time.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
It's hard to be specific with an answer because there are so many things that can fail on a vehicle that until the problem occurs and the reason why it failed has been diagnosed, only then can it be determined as far as its warranty status. Also, some dealers may be more lenient when it comes to covering something under warranty than another. Part of this is because Nissan likes to see a certain percentage of customer pay work versus warranty work at a dealership and too much warranty work can subject that dealer to an audit. I once worked for a dealer that had three Nissan dealers in NJ. Because ours was a newly started dealership in a less developed area, they would send all of the auction cars to us to prep for all three dealerships so we'd have some work. A lot of those auction cars were still under warranty, so we did a lot of warranty work in the process of prepping them for sale. Even though the problems were legitimate, it caused our warranty work percentage to be high all of the time when compared to customer pay, so we were always on the brig of an audit. Therefor we had to scrutinize every warranty job that we did, because an audit by the manufacturer is something no dealer wants! A dealer with a relatively low warranty work percentage would be in a better position to overlook a few mods to the vehicle, whether they contributed to the problem or not. If you want, you could always contact Nissan customer support at 1-800-NISSAN-1 and ask them, although they might be just as vague when it comes to giving you an answer.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Cat back exhaust is fine since it does not mess with emissions. if you are worried about the aftermarket intake you can always swap it back to stock before going to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts