Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently got his license for his 2005 frontier. His monthly payment for full coverage is 128$. Is this a good price for it, 200$ deductible, 300,000$ bodily injury, 100,000$ property. I have tried to check online prices, but you have to put in so much info its ridiculous just for an estimate.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
being an insurance agent in Vegas i think thats an amazing price for someone his age. Most kids in Vegas (a very risky market) pay well over $200 and sometimes over $300 for that kind of coverage. What company is he with>?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We use Farm Bureau here, and have 2 other cars plus house on it so that helps. Plus the agent said the frontier truck is one of the lowest to insure. I pay 78$ a month on my 2005 mustang GT, so I wasnt sure how high a teenager would be.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I think its a good deal and yes the frontier is one of the least expensive trucks to insure, next to a ranger.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I feel much better now. We did get lots of discounts with homeowners, group, drivers ed and no claims in many years.

·
Registered
819 Posts
i would be happy !

when i bought my camaro i was 20 yrs old. i was a part time driver under my mom
it was 02 and it was a 98 camaro z28
332 bucks a month !!!!!!!

that has since dropped but that was also living in chicago.

now that i am older and living in the suburbs its @ 49 bucks..... oh yeah, that was with a 1000 $ deduct !

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a low deductible because there is alot of vandalism here. Everything from burning your car down, shooting bb's at it, slicing tires etc.... I know it is bad for most towns, but it is out of control here and few get caught. I installed a DVR surveillance system on my house because of this.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
We have a low deductible because there is alot of vandalism here. Everything from burning your car down, shooting bb's at it, slicing tires etc.... I know it is bad for most towns, but it is out of control here and few get caught. I installed a DVR surveillance system on my house because of this.
Burning cars haha
Those are some killer parties haha

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had one claim, but apparently it did not count against me. They sliced 2 tires(+300 apiece), shot the car with bb's and tried to pry the trunk open. Almost 2000 dollars in damage. All in my own driveway while I was asleep.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Count yourself lucky. Most kids/parents pay 2-3 times that.

Just make sure to pound into your son not to drive like a jackass, don't get a bunch of tickets, and dont get into an any accidents. If he does say bye to your low payments.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts