Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 4x4 Crew cab with an automatic transmission. My question is, how do I tell if I have limited slip, or not? I am looking to buy this instrument cluster.

NEW OEM 05 - 07 NISSAN FRONTIER INSTRUMENT CLUSTER : eBay Motors (item 270284217064 end time Jun-28-10 18:01:53 PDT)

Everything else matches based on the description, but I am leary because of the part number difference mentioned in the desription ("THE PART NUMBER IS: 24810-EA102 WHICH IS SUPERCEDED BY 24810-EA11D"). I have not diassembled my dash to see what the part # of my current cluster is. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Technically no 2nd gen frontiers came from the factoy with limited slip as we define it. They did however include an electronic limited slip where it applys the brakes to the slipping wheel to help force power to the non slipping wheel. This thou is not limited slip, it is smart braking.....

I think you should be good to go for it as long as you are a 4x4 which it seems like you are.

Just a side note thou, it will have zero miles on the odo if it is actually new. This means you will either have to have it programmed to show the correct mileage or it is a cheap way to roll back the odo, lol.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Re programming the odometer will not be cheap... The dealer has to send out the cluster to an outside company. I had this done and the whole process took 2 business days while nissan provided me a rental.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts