Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello,

I've been looking over the forums and searching on google but couldn't find an answer to my problem/question.

question 1 - my instrument cluster isn't working correctly. The battery voltage and oil pressure gauge dont work at all, my tach starts at 6000 instead of 1500 and my speedo wont go above 45mph. So i need a new one. i'm trying to not have to buy a brand new one since those are around $300, but am having a hard time finding a used one that matches my part number (24810EA16D). Are there any other instrument clusters that have all the options that this one has i could use instead? eg DTE, MPH, mpg, M, vdc off, 4x4 lock, etc. Also can anyone confirmed if they have had a dealer been able to correct the mileage on a replacement IC or have they always had to send it out to a third party shop?

question 2 - i'm planning on upgrading my radio hu to the pioneer 4200nex. It seems to have everything i want, but there is just one thing i'm not sure on. I've seen on other posts that people have been able to set it up with their OBD2 and see different diagnostics with it. my question is how are people doing that? is it just with an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter or is anyone using the idatalink maestro RR or something else? idatalink says that it doesn't support my 05 but it does support the 09. Is there really that much of a difference between the 05 and 09 that i couldn't use the 09 program they have and work with the 05? i read a post about someone asking a similar question with an xterra, but they never posted if it worked or not.

a little bit about the truck, i have a 2005 frontier crew cab that i believe is a nismo or at least the off road version. its got the 4x4 locker, vdc off, hill assist, DTE, MPG, A/T Temp light, ect. on the cluster

if this has been answered before i'm sorry i missed it. I have been searching for answers over the past few days.

Thank you for the assistance.

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info. I had looked at a few different websites that do speedo repair, but didnt see anything for 05 frontiers, they all just said they did it for the first gen so i had assumed they didnt do it for the second gen. but i'll send out a few emails and see what they say.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,686 Posts
They typically advertise the clusters that most commonly fail, like the early Frontiers or GMC/Chevy truck clusters of the late '90s and early 2000's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts