Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone have a copy of this laying around? I just bought a used kit (never installed) , and all of the hardware was lost in shipping when the box broke open... It would be a great help!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Wow.... how did you score that kit?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
frontin - I got it on the forum
Mustard - no kidding, and you had to post your titan setup this week! I would have rather gotten that in hindsight...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should say that I just saw it this week. I initiated purchase of the 5" on the 25th of last month... That is just luck though. It should be nice once it is together, but I just need to do a bit more work that I had thought.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Congrats on scoring that kit. If it's the one I think it is it was a helluva deal.

Exactly what hardware got lost? All the nuts and bolts or some of the actual parts that are needed to make it work?

Side question; Can you get the KING shocks in whatever color you want (reference the orange/copper ones Mustard posted)?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
you can try and contact Greg @ PRG. I do belive he has one as well that he's tryin to replicate and add his own twists. He may be able to point you in the reight direction. Good luck awsome kit if it works for ya.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the heads up on greg... I need to order some brake lines and other misc stuff from him anyways, so maybe he can lend some advice.

No vital pieces, just nuts, bolts and bushings. It is going to be just a bit more of a hassle, but not the end of the world. The price was right for sure, and for my needs (overland, medium trail use), it should work good. I like the LT setups, but don't want glass fenders. The travel and rubbing with TC UCAs/ Radflos I currently have was really getting to me. This seemed like a good way to fix it.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Side question; Can you get the KING shocks in whatever color you want (reference the orange/copper ones Mustard posted)?
yes, king will have them anodized in any color you want. there are some sharp looking black ones running around. But pretty much and high end shock can be anodized in any color if not by them you can take it apart and have it done at an anodizer.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
you can try and contact Greg @ PRG. I do belive he has one as well that he's tryin to replicate and add his own twists. He may be able to point you in the reight direction. Good luck awsome kit if it works for ya.
That kit is dead. I talked with Greg briefly and basically nothing that he has off the shelf would bolt onto the SLR kit. Fabrication costs would've put the kit into the stratosphere so it was scrapped.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Here is what I got. As you can see, one of the drop brackets for the rear of the diff is missing. No bolts/ hardware/ uniballs/ heims/ strut mounts/ bushing sleeves. I can make it work, but it will be a pain. The hardest part will be fabricating the missing bracket, and getting all of the hardware sorted. I think I have the measurements from everything, but a parts list would help a ton.

Has anyone see a square washer like the one pictured listed anywhere (3/4" i.d. with bevel for the spindles)?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
i almost bought this kit for the X, felt a little shady tho. Looks like it turned out that way too.

good luck

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I took pics of this truck a couple years ago here in Az, and the owner of the truck is on here but I can't remember is screen name. I think he has the SLR kit on as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts