Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the instruction manual for the Nissan bed tent in .PDF form, or one that can be scanned and posted on here or e-mailed to me?

I just ordered one but my friend will be meeting me at the camp site with it in a few weeks (to save on shipping) and I kind of want to know what I'll be dealing with as far as setting it up for the first time.

I guess any tips or tricks from those of you who have used one before will be helpful too.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The posts are colored (with tape) and match up to the colored flaps that they fit into. The key is to get it all sitting on the rails of the bed and then assemble the posts into the little pockets one by one.I start at the pass side front and do all the way around.

Do not tighten the straps that hold it to the bed until last.

The awning takes a bit of patience...or at least it did the first few times.

Remember to take the inner post that runs down the center out before you take down the tent...I`m 0 for 7 on that one LOL

I can do it by myself now in about a half hour and Im pretty picky.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, toolman. Unfortunately I didn't check back here until after camping in it two weekends in a row! Anyway, good advice and all I have to add is that it's a hell of a lot easier when you have two people rather than doing it all yourself!!! In combination with my air mattress, the tent makes Casa de Nismo a rather pleasant place to spend a windy, rainy night.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Could you post some pics of the tent? That is if you took any while you were out. I am interested in this, although would like to see some pics and feed back first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That tent was one of the best investments we've made. It even plays nice with my toneau cover rolled up! Some tips I've found:

1. Don't bother with the middle post that goes from left to right (I think it's the white colored post), it doesn't seem to do much and saves a little time putting it up.
2. Put both blue posts (the diagonal ones) into the sleeves first but not hooked into the end pockets. Then bend one of them up to hook into the ends and the other will hook in easier.
3. If you have the awning out, make sure you tie it down to the ground or a tree, any gust of wind and it folds up like a sail.
4. Get some foam mats (like the interlocking stuff you put on the garage floor) and stick them under the tent. It'll keep it a bit warmer than the bare truck bed when camping in cooler times.

And I'm about 2 for 50 in taking the center post out when taking down the tent LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts