Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Installinh New Tweeters

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  crewcab05se 
#1 ·
Well I ordred a set of Ifinity Kappa 10.7t 1" tweeters to replace the dingy little things that came on my NISMO. I will take pictures and post so all can see how they turn out. After this will task I will take on the door speakers.

#2 ·
Tweeters Installed

OK, Tweeter job done. I'm sorry but when I was getting ready to take my pre-removal pictures I dropped the camera....$400 down the tubes...doooh. I used alot more curse words on the camera than the tweeters. This is a description though.

Equipment:
Infinity Kappa 10.7t Tweeters....Ebay for $82 with shipping
Offset Phillips Head
(2) Blue Plastic 4 gang receptacle covers from home depot ($1.80)
Small 3" screw driver
Electrical Tape
4 small electical twists
Gorilla Glue
1 sheet paper (copier)

1) Use small screwdriver to remove stock tweeter covers.
2) Use offset phillips head to remove mounting screws on the old Blaupukt tweeters
(trash)
3) Make a template out of paper for plastic sheet that will lay across the recess under tweeter cover
4) Use a scroll or jig saw to cut the plastic plates the size of template
5) I used a hole saw to cut hole in new plate for tweeter mounting bracket from kit included with speakers
6) Use the old tweeter to mark points for drilling mounting holes in new plates.
7) Lay the new tweeter in the starfish mounting kit and break off tabs so it lays with only about 1/4" of the new tweeter protruding above the new plastic mounting plate. I used gorilla glue to fasten speaker bracker to plate.
8) Fasten crossover wires to old speaker wires with twists and elect tape
9) Place new plate in the dash recesses, bolt down, replace the covers
10) Enjoy the new sound!!! These tweeters with supplied crossovers are sweet.

#3 ·
jeffdawgfan said:
Well I ordred a set of Ifinity Kappa 10.7t 1" tweeters to replace the dingy little things that came on my NISMO. I will take pictures and post so all can see how they turn out. After this will task I will take on the door speakers.
I owuld definately like to see a finished product pic if possible. I am about to upgrade my system. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.