Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So I purchased an OEM front license plate mount for my 2012 Frontier. I opened it and the only thing included was 4 screws. No instructions and also nothing else. Isn't it supposed to come with 2 white "sleeves" that the screws go into? Also isn't there supposed to be a few other pieces?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've still got mine sitting in the plastic bag from when I purchased my truck last month. The screw pack has two white plastic sleeves like you mentioned along with two clips.

By the way, what was your Desert Trim like back in 04? I purposely bought the DR because I didn't need a 4x4, but I loved the options and especially the seat cloth and height adjustment. I wasn't a big fan of the SV cloth.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've still got mine sitting in the plastic bag from when I purchased my truck last month. The screw pack has two white plastic sleeves like you mentioned along with two clips.

By the way, what was your Desert Trim like back in 04? I purposely bought the DR because I didn't need a 4x4, but I loved the options and especially the seat cloth and height adjustment. I wasn't a big fan of the SV cloth.
Yup, that's exactly what I'm missing. I figured there was more needed.

I loved my 04 DR. I bought it for almost the same reasons. Didn't need a 4x4 at the time. If it had been a crew cab, I would probably still have it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I have all the parts I believe I need. Now any online instruction? It looks pretty easy, I just need to know what goes where.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just looking into this. This link is for an Xterra, but I would venture a guess it's the same premise.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So looking in the owners manual, there are two different instructions for installing the license plate. 1 says use and 8mm drill bit and no grommets and the other says is perfect 9.5mm drill bit and grommets. So which did everyone do? Just trying to decide before I drill my bumper lol

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts