Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where are you guys tapping into your vacuum line for your boost/vac gauge? Right after the tb? I would assume it wouldnt matter where but just thought id check.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Probably to get better MPG. Lots of guys install boost guages in the intake to make sure they aren't pushing the accelerator pedal too far for a certain speed.

Lou

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Probably to get better MPG. Lots of guys install boost guages in the intake to make sure they aren't pushing the accelerator pedal too far for a certain speed.

Lou
So you're telling me that you'd sit there and watch this thing every time you accelerate? Give me a break.

If you want to get better MPG's...don't drive a truck.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Just an FYI, the OP has a Stillen unit just waiting to be installed.

Now, for a vacuum gauge, people do use them to ensure they are not romping on it all the time. They actually did a mpg test on horsepower tv using one to show that they are not beating on the vehicle between turns. It isn't something that you will stare at all the time but will coach you. Kinda like the driving aid on the power pup or whatever that programmer is.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boost pending! Taking forever to get all the parts together though. Anyway yeah just like to keep tabs on it because I had some custom parts made and wanna make sure once it's installed, I can keep it under control till I can get it tuned.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can install one on the intake, but you get a more accurate reading if T'd in with the vac lines to the fuel pressure solenoid. At least that is where it was suggested by the guru's with my Talon. The frontier should have one of those somewhere to I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts