Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got a stering stabilizer for the bigger tires ill be getting soon, as well as a WeapR Secret weap inake on the way so if anyone knows how that goes and if there is any tough parts let me know please.

I'm stuck on the sterring stablizer if anyone with it installed on a 1st gen could help me it would be awesome. Heres some crappy pics of the stuff i got:

this is were i think it goes, tell me if im wrong

Thanks for any help!:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats all i have i have a rectangle bracket, L bracket, 2 U bolts that go in the L bracket, 2 bags of screws and washers, and the stabilizer itself. the last picture is of were i think it the stabilizer goes but im not sure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Im not very familiar with IFS (this is the first truck iv owned with independent suspension), im used to jeeps with solid front axles. I can say on a solid axle it gets attached to the axle usually near the track bar, and the other end is on the drag link.

Hopefully someone can chime in and tell us how its done on these trucks.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I believe penski installed one on his 1st gen before he SASed it so you may want to search for his thread. ie use the advanced search for threads started by penski61 and see if it pops up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on that pic, i put this together.

Looks like the only difference is that bracket mine is flat and that other is like a L shape.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I finally made some time to get around to play around with this thing.

I found a picture of one intalled on an XE like mine here it is:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/got-steering-stabilizer-xe-28831/

Now heres what I got too, I wasnt trying to install it just get an idea of how it goes. The only thing that worries me is that bracket that hold the end of the stabilizer onto the frame isnt flush and is bent when it is attached to the stabilizer. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
443 Posts
something is not right.. isnt your stabilizer bar supposed to be parallel to your track bar?

·
Registered
443 Posts
the track bar is what steers the truck. I think you have that part right. However the part that attaches to the frame is off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea thats what worried me. the stabilizer sits in between the track bar and that other bar. but i cant seem to find other place the bracket can go to hold the other end in there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
the track bar is what steers the truck. I think you have that part right. However the part that attaches to the frame is off.
the track bar is what centers a solid axle under a truck... idk if an independent suspension has a track bar. It sounds to be like you are talking about a tie rod, which is the piece of steering that connect the two front tires (steering knuckles) together. The other piece of steering linkage is a drag link that (on LHD vehicles) goes from the power steering pump pitman arm to the passenger side steering knuckle.

Very soon im going to crawl under this truck and figure out exactly how everything on this independent system works.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
theres one that goes to the connect to the tie rod and another that connects to some other thing on the wheel im not sure what that ones for

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.