Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I finally got some time to put my lightbar together and i figured i'd share some pictures. I'm very happy with the look and light output, I just need to figure out how i'm going to run the wiring. I think the best way will be to go through the drivers front footplate for the racks. For the lights i went to autozone and purchased the PIAA ff75 knockoffs. I believe there the same ones on the xoskel thread. they work just fine for me and for what i got all 4 lights for i would have only been able to afford one PIAA. As far as the install went it was a breeze. loosen 4 bolts, place the lightbar on the rack and silicone the bolts and re-attach. it took all of ten minutes. The biggest task was re-wiring the lights, I decided to remove the pigtails from the lights and run wireloom into the light itself for a neat look. take a look at let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Looks like a clean install. Running wires are going to be the pain thou, lol. I am not sure but you may have to drill a hole to pass thru to the cab but I am unsure how the "support plates" in the roof will restrict that wires. You may have to drill thru that too.

Either way thou, it looks nice and it is great to see that there is a light bar for the owners with roof racks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks good! :thumbup: I put the other light bar he has for the 6" KC's on and I ran the wires exactly where you were talking about. I drilled a hole in the center underneath the drivers side rack foot and ran them down the piller in the inside and through the grommet into the cab by the pedals. I also drilled a hole in the foot of the rack itself to run the wires through to the lights. Your wires on the lights are much cleaner than mine, I still need to get something to wrap them in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm very happy with the lightbar and was impressed with the quality. worth the money for sure...and it works perfect with these lights because i can still use my racks. I spent alot of time getting the wiring right, I'm pretty picky with all that. even when i wire up things that are hidden i try and make it as neat as possible. I'm putting the 6" KC daylghters on my WRF lightbar when i get it. I ordered it more than 3 weeks ago and i'm still waiting for it. I hope to get it soon. As far as the wiring through the footplate it's good to hear it works that way, I'm thinking of putting a neoprene grommet in and going through the inner side of the plastic footplate. Eventually i want to run a pair of lights off the back of the racks too, Has anyone run wire through the side racks to snake them to the back?

·
Registered
296 Posts
looks good! i want one of those

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I am not sure if anyone has run wires thru the rack itself but I know it was brought up before and nobody said it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Looks great...How much total investment so far $$$?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great...How much total investment so far $$$?
Overall i would say it's cost under 175, the bar was $105, lights were another $55 with tax and i had all the wiring, loom and connectors. I wouldn't recommend using the wiring given in the light kits i would get a thicker gauge wire. I'm sure you can make it happen for around 175 and i think it's a great investment. It looks great on the truck, i'll keep the thread updated when i finally find some time in my schedule to wire it all up. thanks for looking!

·
Registered
194 Posts
i like the set up of the lo pro light bar. thinking abouot getting one. im curious how much wind noise you hear at highway speeds?

·
Registered
194 Posts
u definetly get some good wind noise around 70...past that u better crank the volume up!
thats what i assumed but at least the truck will look cool going down the highway. thanks for the input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts