Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed some LED turn signal bulbs and led reverse bulbs along with load resistors to prevent hyper flashing. I went to start the truck it wouldn't turn over, no clicking or cranking, just a slightly high pitch sound. There's no lights coming from the new bulbs either but all the electronics like radio, power windows and tail lights are working. The battery is less than a year old and I tried jumpstarting it but nothing.

In case anyone was wondering these are the bulbs I installed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G2TV7OG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJDI22E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
305 Posts
take out the LED bulbs and put back in the incandescent ones and see if it will run... LED have a polarity to them and i wonder if they are not allowing some sensor to work. That would be my first thought.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
https://youtu.be/9bqiFsv_Q7E

I was able to get the truck running after watching this video but when I shut it down I have to replace the fuse again to start it back up. It's too dark to put the old bulbs back in so I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro4X
816 Posts
There was at least one thread on here, or TheNewX, talking about how a guy blew his BCM and other vital electronics when he installed LEDs. I hope that didn't happen to you, let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
It sounds like the turn signal bulbs are causing the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got done putting the old bulbs back in and everything seems to be back to normal. Another buyer on Amazon told me that I needed to turn the bulbs around to the other side. I'm a little hesitant to try again for obvious reasons but I'd like to know, does it really matter whether the bulb is turned 180 degrees one way or the other way for it to work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
LED polarity is certainly a concern and I expect you had one or more bulbs in backward. LED is a "Light Emitting Diode" and in its simplest form a diode is a check valve allowing current flow in one direction only. If I were you I would install the bulbs/resistor one at a time. Try it and get it functioning properly, then move on to install another one.

Dan

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just got done putting the old bulbs back in and everything seems to be back to normal. Another buyer on Amazon told me that I needed to turn the bulbs around to the other side. I'm a little hesitant to try again for obvious reasons but I'd like to know, does it really matter whether the bulb is turned 180 degrees one way or the other way for it to work?
Yes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Get anti hype flash LEDs for your turn signals and ditch the resistors. My led post gives you models for every bulb in a Frontier. In-line resistors are an accident or burn waiting to happen.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Some bulbs require correct polarity, some don’t. With inline resistors, yikes. As I posted above, ditch the resistors and get anti hyper flash bulbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts