Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had these helper level springs for a couple years in my garage because i never had a chance to install them. Today i was bored and had some time. My 2006 se 4x4 has prg shackles in the rear, 2.5" spacer in front with nismo shocks and springs all around. upon removing the rear wheel the leaf spring looked pretty flat. install was a simple u-bolt and nuts, line up everything and tighten everything. to my surprise the helper springs raised my truck .75" on both sides! not to mention i raised the level load capacity an extra 500 lbs. excellent so far, i'll post updates with a load as soon as i get a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
how much?

About how much do those run? i've been thinking about adding them myself to give my leafs some life.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Hellwig website seems to show these only through 2004 model. Are they a universal part? Did they change the ride quality when the truck is lightly loaded?

Jim
it is universal, try jcwhitney.com the ride did change to a rougher ride. I decided to re-install the helper springs on the front side of the springs because i did not want to remove the leaf spring clamps. Technically the ride shouldn't change unless there is load but because my leaf springs have kind of flatten out the helpers are being used constantly.

I saw these before. Is it the same?

it is the same concept, but yours looks more heavy duty. I got the 550 which increases load to 500pounds... don't want to overload a little mid-size anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts