Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a JVC KW-M650BT head unit and the dash kit that was sent was the Metra 95-7619. The unit sits about 1/4" recessed and i'm not liking it! Is everyone using the same dash kit or is there another one that will have the unit sit flush in the dash? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
This would be better with a picture.

i have a feeling you used the wrong mounting holes on the side plates.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll add a pic in the morning.......I hope that it's something so simple as not having it lined up properly, I tried to line it up every which way I could think of.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes I know I have fuzzies on the screen!........here are a couple of pics. I will be taking it back apart to finish the reverse camera and steering wheel controls wiring.

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Wrong holes.

Remove the side mounting screws, slide the head unit forward more, and check what holes line up; both the head unit and the install kit have multiple holes to adjust the mounting position. The head unit might have even included extra screws. Key point is - you don't necessarily use the same mounting hole positions as you did with the OEM head unit; slide the head unit forward until a new set of holes line up.

Be aware of two things:

1. Your double-DIN won't be perfectly flush anyways, because the dash itself isn't 90-degrees flat.
2. Likewise - because head units are all different, your particular model might only be flush at the bottom of the unit, or only flush at the top of the unit, or it may completely stick out slightly, or it may be recessed slightly.

Also you can always slot the mounting holes in the dash kit if you want to adjust the depth of the head unit right down to the millimeter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a problem on the 2013 adapter kits. The bezel has a ledge that sites right on the head unit and sits recessed. No way to make it flush without grinding the kit’s bezel ledge. I ordered a second one since the are fairly cheap and will grind it down to see if I can get it flush.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a problem on the 2013 adapter kits. The bezel has a ledge that sites right on the head unit and sits recessed. No way to make it flush without grinding the kit’s bezel ledge. I ordered a second one since the are fairly cheap and will grind it down to see if I can get it flush.
I've got the same issue with that kit and a Kenwood DNX696s. I just ordered a black ABS plastic blank to experiment with.

·
Registered
2000 frontier 2 wd
17 Posts
it looks nice , I have always wanted a double din but I like my equalizer also and getting both to fit wont be easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts