Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No holes drilled Roof Rack update. We took a trip yesterday up to Helen Ga to see my Sister in Law, Brother in Law. The trip consisted of speeds on interstate up to almost 80mph, we arrived to find my Rack... was still there. Brother in Law was asking questions about the rack and as grab the rack and he shook the entire truck back and forth, was surprised to find out how it was installed. We returned home at similar speeds to find the rack firmly in place. Hope I continue to have good news to report.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab
21 Posts
tstraveller, have you gotten your moulding yet? I've got mine, had to go online to download instruction sheets and was just looking those over. They sure make it complicated. I was just going to eyeball it and run a masking tape strip fron front to back to keep me level, but they seem to be very precise in measurements. What do you think?
Hey, not there yet, I got mine unpainted and painted them with flat black bumper paint yesterday. Gotta wait another day. I didn't see the instructions yet but I'll probably take a measurement off the existing indents in the panels and run that tape like you said. You can't go wrong measuring off the indents, not so much level as exact spacing off the reference points I think. Then, like the hood protector, just pull back an inch of backing of each strip and tack it in place then gently pull the rest out. Again, still will look at instructions! BTW, I tested the functionality and they do stop normal doors, usually front. Any rear door on an SUV cut out high for the wheel well is gonna hit the paint. Most people get out of fronts tho, right? Let me know!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mine came body color already, so I'll probably install today. I sent you a conversation starter, never used that before, but pretty much same information as above.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab
21 Posts
How did it go? I did check out the instructions, basically giving measurements to create a mask to guide off of. I will tackle it this week-end. Did you install your bull bar? Did you have to cut the plastic to get it to fit? Thanks -

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How did it go? I did check out the instructions, basically giving measurements to create a mask to guide off of. I will tackle it this week-end. Did you install your bull bar? Did you have to cut the plastic to get it to fit? Thanks -
I've been working Mid Night Shift this week so did not get to work on it until today. As a matter of fact.. just finished. I will post some pics in a little while. One suggestion if I may, besides running a blue strip of tape, test fit, make sure the back door opens without rubbing or hanging up and USE A YARD STICK AS A STRAIGHT EDGE to make sure you are lined up. My Wife suggested that one and she says I can sleep in the dog house tonight!

On the Bull Bar, yes I did install it myself. One of the easier installations of all. I decided to just remove the plastic panel rather than cut it, it does not show and the shield on the lower front of the Bull bar takes its place pretty well. That way I can reverse the process if needed.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts