Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Nismo with the basic 1 cd head unit. The truck does not come with the tweeters. I removed the tweeter covers and I can't even find wires. So are there wires there that I'm not finding? Do I need to remove the head unit to locate them? Any ideas? :?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think he's talking about the tweeters up on the top of the dash... that's weird I thought even the single cd sound system had 6 speakers including those tweets. Mine is just the standard sound system too and I swear there is sound coming from up there, I guess I'll have to check since I was thinking about replacing those too! How did you go about getting those covers off?

·
Registered
113 Posts
nissan with front tweeters run off some split with the front woofers. the only difference is the tweeters have a filter soldered to them so the reject low frequency. if you're going aftermarket, you could put them in the doors with aftermarket crossover.

·
Registered
345 Posts
bluegrass said:
I think he's talking about the tweeters up on the top of the dash... that's weird I thought even the single cd sound system had 6 speakers including those tweets. Mine is just the standard sound system too and I swear there is sound coming from up there, I guess I'll have to check since I was thinking about replacing those too! How did you go about getting those covers off?
just gotta pop the covers off...use a flathead screwdriver.

mine did not come with any tweeters or wiring...but then again, i had the basic stereo...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a small flat head and it just pops out (gently.) My friend has the Titan XE and it has the same head unit as mine and he has the tweeters. So with that reasoning, that unit should handle the tweeters. I can't imagine them using different wiring harnesses. "Frontin" mantioned that they might run from the front speakers, is that correct or do they run from the head unit? I guess this is a question for the ones who have installed aftermarket units. Do your tweeters run from your speakers or the head? Am I just missing the connections? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
do you guys have king cabs? ive just got the basic stereo and when i popped the covers off i found tweeters in there. haven't got the time to find out where those wires are going to right now though...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good god, a Nismo KC motorcycle. What will they think of next. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tweters

I have an 05 KC. Once you pop off the front dash tweeter covers you should find the wires for the tweeters. They are wrapped in a white foam to suppress rattles. Use a flashlight and look up from under the dash as well as down through the hole you should see them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks,
I'm back at work so it's going to take me a few days to take a look.
A Nismo motorcycle, now that's funny!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts