Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone take a look at their tailgate panel(the one inside of the tailgate) and see if it sits completely flush to the tailgate itself. I had some body work done to the tailgate the other day, and now it's raised along the edges. The shop does awesome body and paint work, so I dont want to complain if they dont sit perfect from the factory

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
is it all the way around I think the plastic cover didnt sit flush over the skin as some trucks didn't have it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I know on my 08 it could be different. I have some pic's I'll look for, I posted them up a year or so ago for someone else. I think Nissan changed them at one point, and it might have been 08. Think it was due to a weakness or something.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
mine is raised a tad all around the edges of the plastic. Its been like that for as long as I remember. I dont know if your careful loading items or not, but I have the habit of just throwing stuff on the tailgate and not really being to careful with it so it may have contributed to the not so flushness of the plastic, but it could of been like that from the get go or just kinda warped over time.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine is raised a tad all around the edges of the plastic. Its been like that for as long as I remember. I dont know if your careful loading items or not, but I have the habit of just throwing stuff on the tailgate and not really being to careful with it so it may have contributed to the not so flushness of the plastic, but it could of been like that from the get go or just kinda warped over time.
Yeah, mine has a pretty consistant gap all the way around, maybe an 1/8th of an inch or so. Seems to be mounted tight, I just dont remember there being a gap around it.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/tailgate-liner-10106/

I changed my tailgate liner in March of 2007 because the old one scuffed badly. I have had this one for about 3 years and so far it has held up pretty well. This link does not seem to work but there is a thread on this topic. I did a google search on "Nissan part number 90522-ZP50A" and it gave a link to "tailgate liner page 2 Clubfrontier". When I clicked on that link it showed the difference between the two liners. I did not include the quotes in my search but used them to show the exact wording I used on the search.

I went to the list of all of my posts and sure enough the post is still there, but for some reason I am not able to transfer it over here. It may be because there was a major change to the system quite a while back and maybe that is why it won't work. The post is clear back in March 2007 and I think it is located on page 14 of my posts.

Maybe some of you that are more savy than I am can figure out how to post those pictures on here. They are on page two of that thread.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/05-06-vs-07-tailgate-7347/

Here is another tailgate liner thread from March 2, 2007 discussing the issue. Avplayer started this one. This link probably won't work either, but if yoou do the search I mentioned above there is a link to this thread also.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
RedAlert's is an '06, but there's a TSB for the '05s on wavy tailgate liners. I think this was fixed by '06; mine's all scuffed up, but is fine as far as laying flat.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
mine is sitting flat against the tail gate. no gap

·
Super Moderator
11,161 Posts
Mine touches between the corners but the corners themselves are up about an eigth of an inch. My truck is new for perspective's sake.
Maybe as it ages and goes through summer weather the plastic moves a bit.

Clint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts