Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,129 Posts
my experience tells me your practical and my practical are complete opposite.
hahahaha almost 50k price tag is no where near practical.

it has 4 wheel steering which i have never liked. but i think its cool. just not on my car.
50k can get you a towing vehicle and a really nice daily.

hahah and the most expensive is 60k.

oppp never mind. thats the new 56. 45 not bad. still expensive though

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
IDK, a used M45 may be nice. I like it more then the M35 but I am not sure how it will do against an 3 or 5 series.

I know there is a guy on CT that is adding a lot of performance mods to his M45 and he seems to like it.

Now if you are just going for the "bling" factor and was a DD that is nice, then if the numbers work go for it. Just make sure you run all the numbers from price to mpg to power. Then look into what you expect to do with the vehicle and make sure the aftermarket support is there. The m45 may be hard to find parts for but it does share some with the vk56 so headers and etc... can be used.

·
Registered
364 Posts
are you looking at a used or new ?
The new M45 is hot! I'd drive it (if I could afford it)

What other vehicles have you considered or comparing?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would deff pick up a year or two old one. Looking around 30 to 35ish. I want something that I dont have to mod to be cool. Leather, V8, nav, bose... Im getting old :laugh:

What other vehicles have you considered or comparing?
I have been window shopping quiet a bit lately. I really love my 09 Maxima but never get to drive it (wifes). I dont think there is much out there within that price range that has all of the features I want... Plus dont want to give up my plates

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
LOL, you say you don't want to mod it but once you park it next to another m45 stock, you will start to think what you can do to make it unique.

It is how it always goes. You want to be slightly different then the other guy and possibly faster or more bling or etc...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, you say you don't want to mod it but once you park it next to another m45 stock, you will start to think what you can do to make it unique.

It is how it always goes. You want to be slightly different then the other guy and possibly faster or more bling or etc...
Yeah your prob right. Just want something else is what it really comes down too. :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
not sure where fuel economy is on your list of priorities for a new vehicle but the altima and maxima have really come a long way in style and luxury and each get some decent mileage for a good price. just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
my dad's got an 06 M35 and i love that car, it's a great car to drive, i'm sure the M45 would be perfect since the 35 feels a little underpowered and "making up for it" overgeared

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Already have a 09 Maxima. :)
oh nice well in that case why the M. i mean if your going to trade the truck in your going to want something fun, why not go for the 370z. you could even get a nismo most likely for the price range you mentioned and you'll have a limited production car with plenty of power, loads of fun to drive and good mileage for what it is. just kind of wondering what in particular draws you to the M

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh nice well in that case why the M. i mean if your going to trade the truck in your going to want something fun, why not go for the 370z. you could even get a nismo most likely for the price range you mentioned and you'll have a limited production car with plenty of power, loads of fun to drive and good mileage for what it is. just kind of wondering what in particular draws you to the M
Kids... About the only reason. I would love to have a 370 :(

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Kids... About the only reason. I would love to have a 370 :(
i know where your coming from there, my baby girl is the reason i'm not still driving a twin turbo 350z. i miss that car but a day hanging out with my daughter reminds me that it was the right choice to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Ironically the wife and I shopped around for a used one, 1-2 years old. They are pretty nice rides, we ended up getting a 2008 G35X instead, exactly two years old and only 24,000 on the odo(not a rental car either, lol).

I would have preferred the M, they are nice rides...

·
Registered
84 Posts
the ride in the m45 is way more comfortable to the g. the g still has the sporty feel versus the luxury. man i miss my m. got a frontier for work

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
For that kind of money you want to spend, I would be in a used M3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts