Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forums and figured I would share some information on the mods I've done to my 2011 Frontier SV 2x4 4.0L in the past couple months of ownership.

I picked up the truck at steal, for only $7k and being my first vehicle (I'm 16), I couldn't be more excited to get wrenching. The previous and only owner was an A/C repair guy that owned a whole fleet of the same truck. It came with it's fair share of scratches and dings, but it looks brand new after an entire day of buffing, polishing, and waxing this past weekend. As for the interior grime, I tackled that with a carpet shampooer, shop-vac, and some elbow grease.

Day after picking it up I did my first ever oil change on it (with the help of this forum of course), threw some Mobil 1 high mileage synthetic oil in there.

In the time since, I have:
- Installed and wired up led light pods in place of the plastic coverings.
- Installed a Viair 400c air compressor, along with a 2.5 gal tank to accommodate the Firestone ride-rite airbags above the rear axle which came installed when I bought the truck. Sweet right?! Also decided to run a line to a 3/8" chuck on the bumper, in case I need to fill up tires, etc, etc.
- Not a mod, but I had to replace the brake master cylinder, which was done courtesy of my buddies dad. In the process he had gotten some brake fluid on the grille, causing the chrome to bubble up.
- Since I couldn't stand looking at the messed up chrome any longer, I peeled it off, sanded, primed, and painted the grille flat black. Turned out great!
- Previous owner had installed a Pioneer DEH-X6800BT headunit, which is a huge plus because bluetooth is always handy.
- The rubber was almost down to the wire, so I used Black Friday to my advantage at Discount Tire and got some Yokohama YK-HTX tires on there. (Thanks to my dad for picking up the bill on that!)
- Modded the stock air intake, with 7 1" holes in the front of it. I plan on buying a pack of 1" air box hole filters soon. The difference in throttle response made hacking into my intake well worth it.
- Replaced the 12V cigarette lighter in the center console with a dual USB charger.
- Vinyl wrapped the scratched up trans shifter bezel, and some other trim pieces as well.
- Installed a Blue Sea fuse block under the hood to accommodate future accessories.
- Installed an OEM Nissan class 4 hitch and wiring harness.
- Replaced the worn out pads and rotors with fresh ceramic pads, along with drilled and slotted rotors.

In the near future I plan on installing a 22" light bar in the bumper, an under-seat subwoofer, 1000W inverter (already purchased) and cranking the torsion bars on the front end in an effort to level out the truck.

Wish I could upload more than 5 photos... However, if you've got any questions, feel free to ask and if you've got any ideas for inexpensive mods, comment down below.

Thanks!
::smile::

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
No torsion bars in your truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had thought that might've been the case, hadn't looked into it too much. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
397 Posts
What brand led pods are those?

Looking good so far!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts