Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have access to AllData that can send me a copy of the engine wiring diagrams for the 06 and 09 2.5 King cab.
I am trying to find out if the harness's are the same, this will tell me if an 09 to 15 engine will work in the 05 to 08 truck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Let us know what you find!

Seems like the short block is the same. And you may have to move over a few sensors like O2, and possibly intake / throttle body details.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got my engine, surprisingly, it came complete with wire harness, airbox, intake, coil packs, tensioner, fan attached to water pump, clutch and pressure plate attached to flywheel, and the mounts. This engine came out of a 2015 5 speed King cab, XE. Mine is an 06 5 speed, King cab, XE.

My Mechanic says he will not use the 15 wire harness, just in case there may be a wire different.

I checked the Factory manuals to see if the location of all sensors were the same. They are. Once the engine is installed, I will report back anything we find different.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice! Sure enough, there are about a dozen of them for $2k-2500.

Internal parts are shockingly cheap for the QR25, Did you consider rebuilding yours if it just had a rod knock? I also understand that is a major undertaking and a lot of time. But swapping a motor is also no easy task! ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had full intention of rebuilding it, but the block had holes in both sides. No rebuild possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, earlier this year, I actually did crank it and it did run, but knocked. Is it possible it could run this way. I have the engine that has the holes in both sides. I intend to disassemble parts of it. Save the Head and all sensors.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:
The 2015 engine is installed and everything works perfectly. I used the original engine wire harness and intake with throttle body.
The results are in, you can put any year model from 05 to 15 into another truck as long as it came from a truck. The Altima engine will not be compatible. All sensors are located in the same spots, all accessories are located in the same spot.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts