Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing, but is that a UFO in the top left of #13?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
This is an old thread, but rather than create a new one on the same topic, I happened upon a great show on ETV last night -- The Horsemen Cometh -- P51 Flight Team. Check out this link:

National Productions - The Horsemen Cometh - WTTW

The photography and narration is superb. Also, if I ever get to England, I want to visit Duxford where there's an excellent air museum.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Thanks for the link. I love aviation photos. The B-17 in #38 was my personal favorite.

I hate I missed "The Horsemen Cometh" PBS. Maybe it will air again. Or, I'll just have to buy the video. The F4U Corsair is my all time favorite plane, but the P-51 Mustang is right there behind it.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Awesome pictures... Wished there had been more of the USAF planes, but all were great, including those of Eatern blocks. :)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
When I watched the Horsemen progran I learned of a plane I'd never known of -- the Grumman F8F "Bearcat", flown by the US Navy. It's less well known because it became operational just after WW-II ended and was the last major piston engine fighter plane put in service by the Navy. It was a derivative of the famous F6F Hellcat (and Wildcat as flown early in the war).

By the way, Patriot's Point near Charleston, SC is home of the WW-II carrier Yorktown and it offers a very nice selection of WW-II figher aircraft below, in the Hangar Deck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts