Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Remove the glove box. Behind there is a big black box. There are vertical covers (black) there are held on with clips.

Not all models have the filters but the slot to put filters in should be there.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Do you know how tall your opening is? If I do remember right the slot is around 6 in tall and takes two filters (they connect together). Since yours in older 00 I am not sure if they had filters in the model.

·
Registered
675 Posts
It was an option on 4 Cylinder models and standard on 6 Cylinder models IIRC. Mine doesn't have one, but has a spot for one. Your favorite local parts house has the correct part listed for your model in their database :) It was a $15 part where I was gonna get mine, so I didn't worry about it :lol:

·
Registered
904 Posts
It was an option on 4 Cylinder models and standard on 6 Cylinder models IIRC.
My buddy has an '03 XE 4x4 crew cab with no factory installed filter.

I think it's just something for the dealer to try to sell you & keep you coming back for replacements.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
In all actuality the filters are a good thing.

1. Because it keeps the condenser fins form getting clogged.
2. If filters the build up of mold and mildew between the fins.

I has animal nesting in my box. With out the filters it would have all been stuck in the fins.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My 01 SE has no filters.

I dropped the glove box down this summer and found there is a place to put the filters but it requires cutting out the plastic cover.

I did a search on this forum earlier and found the info for doing the cutting but have not done it yet.

The space for 2 filters is there, but you have to cut out the plastic cover to access it. The factory did not do it on every Frontier.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 01 SE has no filters.

I dropped the glove box down this summer and found there is a place to put the filters but it requires cutting out the plastic cover.

I did a search on this forum earlier and found the info for doing the cutting but have not done it yet.

The space for 2 filters is there, but you have to cut out the plastic cover to access it. The factory did not do it on every Frontier.
If you find the directions again can you post the thread, I could not find it in the search, thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts