Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So since getting my 2016 Crew cab V6 auto 4X4 SV... just over a month ago...

I have posted most of my tinkering in several threads, so I thought I'd put it all in one nut shell as to what I have done to date...

Here's where it all started, the day after I brought it home.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First mod was to tint the tail lights, I have since added a tailgate LED strip, and high output LED tail lamps.. Duplicolor "Shadow Chrome" from the auto parts store $19.00 plus time.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next was the grill...

Took the grill assembly off, separated the chrome and center emblem. The chrome section got five coats of Plasti-Dip. The center emblem got Duplicolor Shadow Chrome, (same as used on tail lights)

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next was adding the back up camera and monitor. Pretty cheap stuff from Amazon, It works pretty well. monitor is a dash mount, I simply ran the wire under the top dash tray.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today, I got around to the headlights. I used the same Duplicolor Shadow Chrome that I used for the tails and center emblem. I did keep it a little lighter than I did on the tail lights. Also swapped the headlight bulbs for Sylvania zXe bulbs to compensate for the tint. Turned out brighter than stock (not tinted)

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other more important mods to follow... Wheels, tires, exhaust, Ported and polished Throttle body, Nissmo intake, Y-pipe mod. etc, starting out cheap :nerd:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rear bumper plastidip

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
That is looking nice. I'm down with the light mods. I'd like to do that on mine. Very cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
I feel like a mod should move this into the build thread area maybe?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That is looking nice. I'm down with the light mods. I'd like to do that on mine. Very cool.

Thank you. Not too hard to do the lights, had to mask for the headlights since they're a pain to remove, but the tail lights come off easy. Clean well, and take your time.

I feel like a mod should move this into the build thread area maybe?
Not really a "build", so far it's minor cosmetics. I will do a build thread when I get to the more important mods.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
With the tinted tails, I did the high output LED brake lights. (See next post) Today it got new high output LED reverse lights too. First image is with the LED in the driver side, then the second is both... Even in evening daylight, they're bright enough to make it hard to look directly at them.

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, seems I forgot to post the LED tail lights... here's a link to the lights I bought...

WAY brighter than even the stock un-tinted lights were...

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Nice mods so far .... looking forward to seeing things come along

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks good! I so plan on doing this to mine... Does the plastics remove without damage?
From what I've read about plastidip, it's supposed to come right off. I think there are videos on YouTube showing this but I always wonder if it's different on rough surfaces. I've wanted to use this stuff but like you, I have my concerns.

·
Registered
544 Posts
From what I've read about plastidip, it's supposed to come right off. I think there are videos on YouTube showing this but I always wonder if it's different on rough surfaces. I've wanted to use this stuff but like you, I have my concerns.

I should have been clearer I actually I meant the plastic parts of the bumper. I'll more than likely cover my chrome bumper in bed-liner...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should have been clearer I actually I meant the plastic parts of the bumper. I'll more than likely cover my chrome bumper in bed-liner...
Removing the bumper plastics is a bit of a pain, gotta get under the truck with pliers and squeeze the clips to pop it out. Some of the clips are a real pain to get at. All-in-all, it all came off with no damage. Easy to put back on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts