Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the spark plugs this week, and since I have to remove the upper plenum, I was pondering on taking the IMS off at the same time. What does everone think? I have had zero issues with it. I just dont know how much it gained me and how it's affecting the performance with the superchips tune installed. If anyone had experience removing it while being tuned and what their feelings were, post up.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I think alot of people would buy it since I do remember dynoing mine and picking up about 20hp in the mid range.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I say still keep it on. If you have never had eny issue with your gaskets, there would be no logical reason to remove it. The majority of the people who have them installed believe like brutal that it increased their midrange, including myself. Don't know anybody who claims a loss. I even have the gasket issue with mine, have had to custom make gaskets twice for mine(1st time & when I did my cams), so I really like it. So with yours being trouble free, for sure you should keep it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
When I took mine off and sent it to Bill to research the gasket issue (who sent it on to Will) I noticed the power loss big time. I couldn't wait to get it back on.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
keep it on

·
Registered
837 Posts
So Intake Manifold Spacers really do work for the frontier? I've heard so many conflicting stories on this...

And FYI you don't really have to take the intake plenum off... I did mine with just a 2 socket extenders piggybacked to my spark plug socket, was a little tough, but it can be done...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
i say keep it on, it's a good mod.

the only reason people had gasket failure is because Will machined some of the spacers wrong. i believe it was the 3rd group buy where he machined the gasket grooves too small or something like that so the gaskets got all shredded up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts