Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Ahhh Vdubs, what I cut my mechanic teeth on at 13.. BUt we didnt have suspensions like that, just street bugs, and sand rails....man how things have changed, thats awesome

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
thats a decent price for a roller. i think class 11 would be pretty fun too though.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i wonder what would be cheaper in the long run- running a built buggy like class 5, or running in class 11.
class 11 is pretty much stock parts, but i'm sure they break all the time.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
well that is why i was look at class 9 it the same wheel travel as 11 but it a buggy.. so no boddy panals when you watch teh races they don't dolphine as much as 11, and when they roll they just roll them back over.. and got no body to worry about.. fiberglasses isn't bad becuase it just ribbs off but class 11 has to run stock steel and it can cut tires when it rolls. i was watching a BITD race the class 9 when up about 10-15 feet and came down it top, bunch of people rolled it over and it took off.. plus a good class 9 car is faster then then some of the classes with more wheel travel you can push them harder.

desert racing classes cheat sheet.

Desert Rides :: Racing Classes

the cool thing abotu these spec class 5 is there trying to start there own racing seress like 1450 or trophy lite.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i had a gf that had a family doin these races, they had a class 5 and a class 11, the 11 was fun as hell, and we would make runs up to pamona swap meet every month to get a gang of parts, not sure ive you ever been there but the VW section is huge, all kinds of stuff for dirty cheap, looots of fun

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i guess my class would be 1450... i would probably finish, but not win. haha

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i'm down.

what do you want me to do? scrape the bugs/rubber off the front and hand you a sippy cup?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
wwow thats awesome. gonna be a sweet build. best of luck!

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
that thing is yours? freakin sweet. lets go test it out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts