Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back after 6 years. Just brought this home today. Little guy will get it in 14 years....

2017 Pro4x Manual Trans
Just ordered a Truxedo Deuce Tonneau Cover and Curt Hitch and Oem Harness.

PRG or Nisstec Lift on docket after i burn through these Hankooks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nice truck.
I picked up a 2016 Pro 4x in December. It has been years since I had a Datsun/Nissan brand pickup. Last time was in the 80's.

Hope you enjoy it has much as I am enjoying mine. The larger Tacoma and GMC twins with the prices they are asking did nothing for me. Glad I went with Nissan.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Manual Trans FTW!

Nice truck!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice truck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice truck.
I picked up a 2016 Pro 4x in December. It has been years since I had a Datsun/Nissan brand pickup. Last time was in the 80's.

Hope you enjoy it has much as I am enjoying mine. The larger Tacoma and GMC twins with the prices they are asking did nothing for me. Glad I went with Nissan.
Agree 100 percent. I had a 2007 Nismo Automatic and got rid of it to get a family car because of additional kids. Glad I am back. Love the manual. Love the simplicity of the truck.

"They" say its dated, but thats really the reason I bought it. Simple and proven.

Best color they offer. Here is what it would look like with a cap.

[/URL][/IMG]
I love the color but really wanted the Forged Copper because our Expedition is also blue. Couldnt find a Forged Copper anywhere so now we have two blue trucks. First world problems..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice. Blue was my second choice after Forged Copper as well. I was able to finally find one, not a PRO4x, but a SL. Color was more important than trim in the end.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Installed the hitch and Truxcedo Duece today. The Truxedo was a PITA to install:

Had a truxedo on my 2007 frontier and my 2011 F150. Loved it. Thats why I got another one. But the Deuce 2 for the 2017 frontier was very difficult to install. If I didnt have leftover hardware from my F150 I would not have been able to install it. Almost returned it. After a whole day of jerry rigging the thing, I got it to work:

image hosting no sign up

adult photo sharing

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Congrats on the truck, the little guy is adorable. The six speed in these trucks are great.

Clint

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hell ya man! Congrats! I got my '16 in October and been loving every minute and mile in that thing! Never thought I would buy a foreign truck, (had f150)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell ya man! Congrats! I got my '16 in October and been loving every minute and mile in that thing! Never thought I would buy a foreign truck, (had f150)
i did too. great truck but I love the manual fronty. Going to keep this for the long run, but if the bronco comes out with a raptor version in manual all bets are off.

·
Registered
269 Posts
JJMAC1. I see you had a ford F150 why did you revert back to a smaller truck. I been driving frontiers for the last 9 yrs and considering buying a f150. The only thing holding me back is not being able park the ford in my garage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JJMAC1. I see you had a ford F150 why did you revert back to a smaller truck. I been driving frontiers for the last 9 yrs and considering buying a f150. The only thing holding me back is not being able park the ford in my garage.
So... I had 2007 Nismo Fronty for my ride and we had a minivan for the kids. Traded both in for an F150 when we were out west and I got a POS for a commuter. The F150 was our family ride. Truck is awesome with the ecoboost engine. Loved it. Had another kid and we needed more space. Went with the Expedition for family vehicle last year. Just bought the '17 Fronty for my personal vehicle.

I am done buying cars! both of these will be driven into the ground. That is unless of course the New Bronco comes out in a manual with the ecoboost!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts