Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost that time to hit the trails again. If there are any of "crazy" wheelers out there that want to hit the trails this year with myself (frontier) and the Great Lakes xterras feel free to hit me up. We generally go to the badlands in Attica Indiana. It's cheap and is always a great time. Lots of wheeling. Camping. Drinking. Raffles. You name and it's done. I promise you won't regret it.

My first time out I was purely stock, so you new trucks don't be afraid. I recently added a 2 inch lift and my brother gave me some 33s to play with. The trails aren't bad at all and everyone is always game for getting you unstick, after a little heckling of course.

If this sounds appealing feel free to contact me and I'll more than happily fill you in on the next trip!

Can't wait to hear from ya.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I should have it at least TWO weeks before I hit Attica.. besides, I was looking at Black Mountain in KY before Badlands.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manistee national forest in michigan is a good time too. Primitive camping is the way to go.
What kind of truck are you getting in?

I'll post updates in this thread so it's easily accessible for everyone.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's awesome man! Good for you. I hope you enjoy your trip in KY. I'll let ya know when I know about the first trip. Hopefully you can come tear it up with us.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I may be interested in this. I currently live in Indy, but I traded my Frontier in for an Xterra. (I miss it, but love the X)...

Any thoughts on when this is/did/will happen? Attica is less than an hour from here.

Also : If anyone in the Indianapolis area (or nearby) has use for a Nissan Frontier Bed Tent (2011 Long bed) I didn't get rid of it when I traded in the Fronty. So if anyone would like to buy it, I'll sell it real cheap.

Robb

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard that the cliffs are alright. Cheap and definitely easy to get to. Then again any wheeling is good wheeling.

Tropo - like mid April is when it normally happens. Most of the guys use Xs so you'll be in good company.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got word from the GLX guys

April 26-27 wheeling at badlands orp in Attica Indiana.

Mostly dirt trails/mud. Sand and some rock climbing. They say they require front and rear recovery points. If you don't have them it's not the end of the world, well just get you unstuck other ways.

Generally we camp but if you want to stay at a hotel there are some in town.

If you guys have any questions hit me up!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went to the cliffs today, not too many people there, it was too wet and muddy. The mud was supper slick and was sticking to the tires, i was getting stuck on easy trail #1 that goes around the park. I brought a fusible link to disable the abs motor which saved my life. Abls sucks. I joined a small group 95 ranger with 33s and lockers and a tj with 33s it was fun.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts