Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot turn on to start engine with my spare ignition key unless the Nissan Logo on the key is "facing" the steering wheel. The "main" key on clip with Fob works either way. Why?

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
I cannot turn on to start engine with my spare ignition key unless the Nissan Logo on the key is "facing" the steering wheel. The "main" key on clip with Fob works either way. Why?

Thanks
Is the key a valet key or just the other set of the factory pair? Another thing would be how the keys are made. Put the main key side by side with the spare key and look at the engravings on the metal itself. Look at the back of the key and see if there is this line:
Maybe that is the reason why you cannot stick the key in the way you want to stick it in.

I hope this advice helps! :angel:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I apologize for not being able to attach the image to the first post!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My keys do not have the Line like in your image. They will both go into the slot, just cant twist one to the right unless the logo is next to steering wheel. Only difference I can see in the keys are that on the very end of the one key that doesn't work is the very end bottom edge is cut slightly different than the top edge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well...my image didn't work

My keys do not have the Line like in your image. They will both go into the slot, just cant twist one to the right unless the logo is next to steering wheel. Only difference I can see in the keys are that on the very end of the one key that doesn't work is the very end bottom edge is cut slightly different than the top edge.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well...my image didn't work

That could be the problem unless both the teeth of both the keys are not identical. Here is how you can post photos on this forum: scroll down to the bottom of this thread to find the quick reply box. In that box, you will find this: "Drag and Drop File Upload" Go ahead and drop the pictures of the keys in that box and hit the "post quick reply" button. that way I will have a better understanding of your problem.::grin::::wink:::angel:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried the drag and drop..seem not to work

·
Registered
374 Posts
I tried the drag and drop..seem not to work
Oh ok. I do not know what to tell you. Maybe the end of the spare key has something to do with this turn thingy since this is the only difference. ::smile::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts