Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I have an issue or if this is just how the truck is. When driving at slower speeds or coming to a stop I feel the rpm stay at around 1k for too long. When I on the brakes coming up to a stop sign or light it feels like the truck wants to take off. Once I fully stop the rpm drop to normal. It doesn't always do this and I feel like I notice it more when it's really cold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure if I have an issue or if this is just how the truck is. When driving at slower speeds or coming to a stop I feel the rpm stay at around 1k for too long. When I on the brakes coming up to a stop sign or light it feels like the truck wants to take off. Once I fully stop the rpm drop to normal. It doesn't always do this and I feel like I notice it more when it's really cold out.

Mine seems the same way.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

I would have your battery tested CCA and amps. If it's getting a little weak the extra rpms especially when it's cold is the computer causing the high rpms to help charge the battery faster.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
I would have your battery tested CCA and amps. If it's getting a little weak the extra rpms especially when it's cold is the computer causing the high rpms to help charge the battery faster.
I would not have thought of this one. Interesting to see if this is the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts