Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a CARR light bar for the roof of my frontier and im gonna put 4 lights up top. i also have a bull bar in front that i want two lights on soo heres the question. I know i want kc lights but what kind? As in, do i want maybe two fogs on the bull bar and four driving lights on top? Long range lights on top? Driving on the bull bar? Pretty much i would just like some opinions on combos i could get. the way i was looking at it i was just going to get fogs on the front and 4 driving lights up top but i wanted a little input! thanks alot!!

sryy for long post im just curious!

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
driving lights down low, long rang in the center and fogs on the out side edge pointed out a little, (thats what I'm doing on my XJ)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
why not just do what you want? and not let other people talk you into something you may not like in the long run?

but my input is driving down on bullbar and long range up top.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
i have 4 long range KCs id sell you if you want them

black housing, 6 inch, there bright as hell

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok soo do the long range lights have any width to them at all or are the strictly just "long range"? i mean, i know theyre more than likely not like a skinny spotlight beam..right? and the fogs are wide and short range-ish...and driving is like kinda a combo of distance and width? thats how i see it..am i right?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
the long range KCs have a pencil center beam thats like a spot light with a wide scatter of light on the sides

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i think iv got it. 2 fogs 2 driving and 2 long range. that seems good do me. il be able to play around with the positions of them all and see what i like best. what do u guys think? ya know just opinions..

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
the higher you mount the long range lights the better distance you will get from them
Fog lights are the other way. Real fog lights work beter the lower to the ground you mount them.
I have the factory fogs and LightForce 9" lights on the fron bar

and when I get the urge I can run a few extras as well on top

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
are you looking for suggestions on what brand, or where to mount the different types of beam patterns?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have long range in the center, driving on the outside. Down in my grill is what I use for fogs.
this is what i thought would be the best il do this.

are you looking for suggestions on what brand, or where to mount the different types of beam patterns?
well im pretty set on the kc slimlights bcuz i really like them. so nah not necessarily brand, unless you can persuade me to something different lol il take all suggestions. and i just wanted some ideas on where to mount the diff beam patterns and see what would be the best strategy. i like fangars idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.