Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my front rotors changed by a friend mechanic a few months ago. Since then, every once in a while I hit a bump or after I turn the wheel as far as it will go and start to drive after - the left from hub starts to make a clicking noise. The faster I go the faster the sound of course, so I am thinking the hub halfway engages or something? I solve the issue by slowing down (if going too fast) and throwing it into 4x4 and then back out. It solves the problem for a while but it always comes back whether a day later or longer. Any ideas on what this could be or a permanent fix? I do not want to bother the friend again about it because he was doing be a favor and at first it was happening much more rarely, so kind of slips the mind in between.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
Usually, when a hub clicks, it's the opposite side that's the problem. The only thing you can do is remove the hubs and make sure they were put back together properly. Sometimes people don't put the parts back in the correct order or don't get the snap ring in the groove of the shaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts