Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for some suggestions on what, in your opinion, is the idea gear ratio for the 04 CC 4x4. As it stands now, i have 4.9 with 31'' tires. I'm going to be doing a lot of mods to the truck ( 3'' sus, 2''bl) and larger tires. I'm wanting to put 33'', possibly 34'' tires on my truck. I'd like to rule a SAS out for now, maybe one day put a new front in, then the rear axle at a later date. If you've upgraded your gears, or have 4.9's in your truck now with 33''s
how is it working for you? I'm not too worried about gas mileage, but I dont want to have to worry about the gears. I had to replace the rear end about 2 yrs ago at 89,000, being a dumb a** in my truck throwing it from neutral to drive too many times just isnt good for it. I had to learn the hard way though so I'd like a little advice from those of you who have similiar mods as what mine will be. Thanks
EDIT: I realize this may belong in the axle portion of this forum, but I want advice from fellow first gen ppl.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. thanks. youre from NC right? i think ive seen you in another fourum before. Did you do your mods yourself, or have a shop do it? Hook me up with the info if a shop did the SAS. thanks

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have the 4.6s with 32s and it doesnt do bad. at speed on the high way youre not gonna go anywhere unless you punch it though.

by the way your honda is bad a ss.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
i ran 4.9s with 33s for a couple of years and it worked fine. Would still pull better than my buddys lighter desert runner with 4.6s and 32s.
Yep, what he said. We swapped in the 4.9's on the truck (it came with the 4.6 gears) and ran a 2" BL with 3" SL and 33" Goodyear MTRs..it was just fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet. thanks y'all. yea hertz shes a beast huh? i cant wait to get back to the good ole USA and take her for a drive. I havent driven it since ive been in iraq i hope she still runs fine

·
Registered
556 Posts
i ran 4.9s with 33s for a couple of years and it worked fine. Would still pull better than my buddys lighter desert runner with 4.6s and 32s.
:flipoff2:

The exhaust and intake helped you a bit too.

Seriously mine on 4.636:1 stock gears and 32s(265/75R16) pretty much sucks compared to the stock 29" tires (255/65R16). Of course there is a crap ton of extra weight over stock but I could never quite keep up with Brian and his truck was on 33x12.50s, a 3" body lift, and a very non-aerodynamic bumper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts