Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check these out.

From the website:
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is extremely proud to introduce the Delta Joint – a new product that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application – exposure to the elements. Whether it be corrosive chemicals used on roadways or the unforgiving dirt and mud that comes with off-road adventure, uniballs allow this debris to build up and eventually work its way into the internals causing wear and possibly failure. Understanding this flaw and the problems that it creates is what sparked the idea of developing a heavy duty, high angle retrofit ball joint which ultimately led to the creation of the patent pending ICON Delta Joint.

Titan XD still uses the same size taper as the older ones right? These are a bit spendy but seem like they are a good option for bad weather or just longer life. I know my unibals are getting a little loose with only 20k or so miles on them in good weather. Not sure I want to spend nearly $270 for a pair of these though...

More Info:
Delta Joint | Icon Vehicle Dynamics -

For Titan XD:
2016-UP Nissan Titan XD Delta Joint Retrofit Kit

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
At one point PRG was prototyping a a ball joint retro fit. But it didn't go anywhere. That delta joint is super cool. But Man $300!!! That does n't include the install kit.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^Thanks for reminding me about that. Just sent an email off to Greg about buying just those adapters. I'm considering selling my Total Choas Clones unless I can swap the uniballs to a ball joint style something. Not a fan of unibals on a DD, noisy and wear far to quickly.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
^Thanks for reminding me about that. Just sent an email off to Greg about buying just those adapters. I'm considering selling my Total Choas Clones unless I can swap the uniballs to a ball joint style something. Not a fan of unibals on a DD, noisy and wear far to quickly.

Did you ever swap out the uniballs to a good fk set? They shouldn’t make any noise I have 0 issues with uniballs smooth and quiet with probably 40k miles on them now. I had clones before just like you and blew them out immediately. An fk bearing is what they need to be replaced with you won’t have any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you ever swap out the uniballs to a good fk set? They shouldn’t make any noise I have 0 issues with uniballs smooth and quiet with probably 40k miles on them now. I had clones before just like you and blew them out immediately. An fk bearing is what they need to be replaced with you won’t have any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, swapped out the China junk with FKs, new SS misalignments, and grade 8 bolts before I even installed them. I see 4 miles of washboard dirt road daily that turns to mud in the rain so they wear a bit faster than most on my truck. And they are not totally shot yet as they still feel fairly tight but they were starting to squeal and click a bit when I removed them. I really just need something sealed...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know if the taper on the Titan and the frontier are the same??

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if the taper on the Titan and the frontier are the same??
I know the old Titan and ours is the same, but I'm not 100% on the new one. I thought I remember hearing Greg say that alot of the suspension was unchanged so maybe? I'd give him a call to confirm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts