Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i starting to do stuff to the engine. im looking for a site that has nissan frontier cams. i want to get a little more out of them so performance cams. where to look

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
4x4parts and jim wolf but they are the same cams, look at the stages of cams they have, the more agressive the cam the more low end grunt you lose, also the more agressive the more head and engine work you will need to do. you might as well get a pair of headers and a good tune while your're at it to get the most you can out of them cams. good luck man! and post pics and/or videos of your truck whenever you get it done.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
according to some people, schneider racing cams are the best, all you have to do is send in some cams and they will re grind them to your spec

just ask for a VG and tell them what you want performance wise

they seem to have the best prices too

• View topic - Got some new stickers. :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Do you plan to do the work yourself? Do you have over 60k miles? If so you need new lifters or have yours polished up so that you don't cause accelerated wear on the fresh cam lobes. Also you can't replace the cams with the heads in the truck (i don't believe so you will probably have to pull the heads) so save up some money and get dover cylinder head over in the industrial circle in orange park to do a 3 angle and deck the hell out of them while you have them off. Let me know if you decide to do this i could probably give you a hand. I've had a bunch of these motors apart.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thks fronty2wd

that sounds like an ordeal. i think i might do it some other time. i appreciate it a lot, i m going to keep workin gon getting everything else up to date. i got new AC, new tires, new flowmasters and intake. Throttle body and getting plugs and wires real soon. i have been painting the truck in different areas. pics up soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts