Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am like beond extatic....

I spent the weekend in lancaster (put a total of 260 miles on the odo, it's now at 490)...

So I filled up like 3 mins ago... and for that 260 miles I used 12.1 gallons of gas...

260/12.1=21.5 (roughly)

I am happy to be beating the window sticker...

/me does a jig...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I would be doing a jig to if i was getting that type of milage .

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm getting about 85 mi per quarter tank. my comp. says 16.6mpg. This thing sucks down some gas compared to my other cars.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Medel,

What model do you have? Is it 4X4? Automatic?

You may want to consider the $17.00 ebay grounding kit mod! It's definately been the cheapest, most effective mod I've done yet, that has a noticable impact on my gas mileage! I have a NISMO 4X4, Auto, with 7100 miles on the odo and I'm getting a consistant 18.8 mpg on my daily commute! It wasn't that long ago I was only getting 16.5 mpg doing the exact same commute. I'm still not getting the numbers some folks on here are, but considering the model truck I have, I probably never will! I'm still quite pleased with the results of the grounding kit though...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine started out around 20mpg with 50/50 driving and no hard starts. It seems to have settled into a 18.5 - 19 mpg range for same type of driving after a 3 weeks. Like any vehicle the farther up the RPM range the needle goes the quicker the gas gauge drops.

I'm just happy that i can get 18mpg over a 3 day weekend with back and forth errand runs and then a couple of sustained longer trips before i have to fill her up. It's funny though to stop at a stop light and see the mpg gauge read 19.3 and then once you pull away from the light and look again after you reach speed to see it at 18.5. The gauge overall is fairly accurate though. Mine is reads about 1/2 mpg less than it really is getting. At my last fill-up my gauge read 19.0 mpg, but the calculation is 233mi/11.96 gal = 19.46 mpg

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Sabre,

I thought my gage was fairly accurate too, but this last fill up I did a manual calculation and got 19.75 mpg, and the gage said 18.8! Not sure why, but I'm going to monitor it over the next few talks and see if it happens again...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the LE 4x4 Auto. I didn't know the grouding kits would have that much of an effect on the mpg. I'll have to check ebay. Do you happen to remember who the seller was you got yours from? The other gas mod I was gonna do was the EcoSystem fuel filter. I'm just waiting till I hit 1500mi before I take her out of stock mode.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I don't recall the name of the vendor, but he was the cheapest one on e-bay, but his kits only came in blue (which would work perfect for you anyway!). I know the Grounding Kit thread has gotten pretty long over in the Performance section, but I think the vendor was listed there by another member.

I'd like to try the EcoSystem thing as well, but have been waiting for someone else to take the plunge on that one! I've gone into temporary retirement from being the guinea pig for a while! I was really hoping the guy who won it here a few months ago would have done a write-up after he got it and installed it, but he's pretty much vanished from this forum!

I even contacted the sponsar and asked if he'd give me a discount if I did the install and posted a write-up here, but I never heard back from him either! So, I've decided to wait and see if someone else installed it and what their impressions were before I bought one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As my tag says, I've got a 05 CC LE Automatic, with K&N CAI and Gibson Exhaust. On the highway I get 29MPG! Obviously in the city i'm getting mid to low 20s, but hey, still pretty good for a mid-size truck with over 265 HP. With gasoline prices soaring, boy am I ever glad I took some advice and didn't buy the Titan.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On the highway; I get great mileage. My last tank was 11.3L/100km (20.8 MPG) which is just awesome for mixed city-highway and the city I was really beating on it!

·
Registered
838 Posts
tc3driver said:
Ok, I am like beond extatic....

I spent the weekend in lancaster (put a total of 260 miles on the odo, it's now at 490)...

So I filled up like 3 mins ago... and for that 260 miles I used 12.1 gallons of gas...

260/12.1=21.5 (roughly)

I am happy to be beating the window sticker...

/me does a jig...
tc3, what was your average speed? mine averaged about the same mileage around 75mph give or take.

·
SHIFT_Otaku(Assist - Adm)
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
70 or so is where I set the cruise.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i thought so. aside from saving on fuel, i never really have to look over my shoulder for speeding anymore. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts