Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was very cool to watch the assembly process.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About a hour and 15 mins.
They take you around the plant on a tram ,and you where head phones while they describe whats going on.
They say it takes about 24 hours to complete a vehicle and one rolls off the assmebly line every 28 seconds.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Seems like an awesome tour if you ask me! Pretty cool that nissan does that here. I would go if it wasn't so far

·
Registered
397 Posts
I was down that way when I went on a road trip a few years back. Didn't hit the nissan plant, but got to see the Corvette factory and the museum that was across the street. That was a neat tour. Each car was dyno tested before it left the factory to make sure it met the HP requirements

Dan

·
Registered
677 Posts
If they dyno tested it that kind of dispels the myth that you need any kind of break in procedure, don't you think?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you talk to the guy that keeps forgetting to add the air cabin filters?
LOL I didnt get to speak with anyone.
It was fairly noisy plus we had headphones so we could hear the tour guide ,and Im pretty sure the tour guides didnt work directly for Nissan ,but were subcontracted for them.

THey said about 1000 on site employees were subcontracted.

I wanted to ask what the latest was with the timing chain components lol!
The guides were trained well enough to drive us through there and describe what was going on but they probably would have given me a blank stare if I asked that.

They had the very first 1983 Pickup the plant produced on display along side the first 86 Sentra , 93 Altima ,and a 05 Pathfinder.

Wish I could have taken pics , but no cams allowed.

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
The sad truth is they know there is/was an issue with those trucks and will fight you to the death trying to avoid repainting them on their dime.

Clint

·
Registered
71 Posts
I took that tour back in August...pretty impressive facility, rolls of steel go in one end and come out the other as fully assembled vehicles.

·
Registered
492 Posts
When I went a few years ago we got to talk to the techs in a room. I asked about the pinched Y pipe on the crossover. Never did get a good answer from them. He said it didn't affect anything. I disagreed with him and said that it was going to be my first mod Gibson Cat Back system.
It still was a great tour.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
i would like to make that tour one day. how about the Canton, MS plant?
do they offer tours also?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It is a great tour, did it 4 yrs ago and if I remember correctly they had a Q&A session before the tour.

It will def be one of the biggest buildings you'll ever see.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts