Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
i think i might buy a new 06 nismo frontier. i really cant afford it, but i dont give a damn lol.

im going to go to the dealer ship here in a few hours when they open.

this douche bag down the street just bought a new 06 taco and is always hotrodding the pos by my house trying to brag. and he is always talking s#!t about my frontier, and i told him a 06 fronteir would smoke the hell out of that little taco. well im sick of it, i really think i want to buy one mainly to shut that co*k sucker up lol. and i guess i could use a new truck right? and most of all, all you guys with your 05's and 06's are making me jellous!!!! lol

so im going to see what they will give me for my 2000 frontier and upgrade to a 06 :D

payments are going to be more than twice as much as im paying right now, and who knows about insurence, but im going to try to swing it and see what happens.

what im looking at is a 06 CC nismo with the traction package. carsdirect came out to 25k with the 1500 cash back. does that price sound good? i think ill be looking for a silver one again, but i might mix it up and find a diff color.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I paid 26K for my 05 KC NISMO 4X4 last June, so I would think 25K for an 06 CC is a damn good price!

·
Banned
410 Posts
wow holly s#!t. ive always loved my frontier, but damn, i hate it now... that 06 i just fell in love with!!! i test drove a black 06 CC nismo, sirius, rockford system, sun roof package, tow package traction package, all the bed crap packages. this truck was loaded lol. but damn i loved that truck. the power in them is amazing compared to my 2000 lol i felt like i was driving a 350z or something haha!

anyway, a few down sides i DONT want black for sure, it looked sooo damn sexi, but id have black sooo scratched in 5 minutes it would look better in primer LOL.

and it also had a bunch of extras i really dont need nor can afford lol.
as it sat it was 30k before the rebate and the credits for the options i didnt want he had it down to about 26.5-27k. but still it was black....

but i figure i can swing the payments pretty easy. my insurence only goes up 30 bucks, and if i get the truck i want for 27k the payments will be 394.43 a month for 84 months. and i was guessing 6% interest, im not sure what the rate is, but i think its close to that. thats of course 0 down payment, cuz i dont have any money saved up for a DP :oops: LOL oh well. but i figure less than 550 a month for truck and insurence i can swing, thats only about 220 more than what im paying now. so its all good. getting excited i really hope i can find the truck i want.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
do it. 25K is a good price for a CC Nismo, especially for the 4x4. my only concern is that i dont think the Frontier would be able to beat the Tacoma in the 1/4 mile. though the nissan has 20 more horses under the hood, it also weighs more. Curb weight of 4345lbs with AT for the Fronty vs 4100lbs for the Taco. that doesnt bode well for the power to weigth ratio. 16.1 for the Fronty and 16.5 for the Taco. dont get me wrong, i love my frontier. i pass up Tacos all the time on the highway with a smile on my face. i say this is the only thing the taco has on the frontier. well, that and the endless aftermarket options.

my frontier handles the rough stuff and even sand better than my friend's tacoma. i dont regret, for a second, choosing it over the taco.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol your right, trails are where the trucks belong, but im sure ill have to stomp him off a few lights too. anyway i went to lunch with the woman and when i drove my the nissan deal i noticed a silver CC frontier up on the stands that i didnt see before.... and it had a sticker on the *** end where the nismo goes but i couldnt tell if it was a nismo. im going to be pissed if they had 2 nismos and that moron didnt know it lol. im going to go back down there here in about an hour and check it out. i might skimp and get the LE since its pretty much the same as the nismo. and its silver!! which is what i was going for, so im curious what it has in it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just get an forced air intake and exhaust.
You would definitely make up the difference in weight.

I paid 28,500 for my loaded cc Nismo.

So that sounds great.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holly **** that guy was a moron!!! lol it was a nismo... and not only was it a nismo... it was the EXACT TRUCK I WANTED!!!!! except its a 05 not 06 but its still brand new. so i guess the year doesnt matter, they are the exact same right?

any ways its a silver 05 CC nismo, no rockford, no gay bed packages, none of the hill assit and that good stuff. just a power sun roof and the rear locker :D and of course the 265 hp :D yeah!lol oh... any its only 25,999 but im pretty sure i can tlak him down lower. thats just sticker price after the 1500 rebate. so im hoping it should be about 25k which brings my payments to about 378 for hte next 84 months haha. im sure ill be kickig my self in the *** 7 years down the road while im still paying on this thing but oh well!! i guess i can always sell it between now and then. but damn this thing is sexiiii!!! i hope i can get it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Frontin said:
holly **** that guy was a moron!!! lol it was a nismo... and not only was it a nismo... it was the EXACT TRUCK I WANTED!!!!! except its a 05 not 06 but its still brand new. so i guess the year doesnt matter, they are the exact same right?

any ways its a silver 05 CC nismo, no rockford, no gay bed packages, none of the hill assit and that good stuff. just a power sun roof and the rear locker :D and of course the 265 hp :D yeah!lol oh... any its only 25,999 but im pretty sure i can tlak him down lower. thats just sticker price after the 1500 rebate. so im hoping it should be about 25k which brings my payments to about 378 for hte next 84 months haha. im sure ill be kickig my self in the *** 7 years down the road while im still paying on this thing but oh well!! i guess i can always sell it between now and then. but damn this thing is sexiiii!!! i hope i can get it.
Since the 06 rebate went up to 1500 the 05 might have gone up to 2000? Find out the exact options on the truck and look it up on edmunds.com or kbb.com to get the invoice price. you should be able to get very close to the invoice if not below on an 05 *BEFORE* applying the rebate! If you've graduated from college within 2 years you can get another $500 off. I bought my 05 a little over a month ago for $1700 below invoice just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You might want to check the build date (of the silver NISMO) to see that it's not that early of a build, and figure that into the price of it. My '06 was built in September so the '05 one might have been hangin around the lot for a while now. There were a few things that changed for the '06. Lockable glove box, chrome accents in the interior of NISMOs and LEs and added colors. If it's a NISMO, it should come with the hill assist.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it invoiced at 26.7 and they are asking 25.9 after rebates and he told me he would make me adeal on it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Right. On Nissan's website it says traction package is only available w/ 4X4 and is an option. Mine came with the side air bags which automatically adds the traction package to it if you build your own on the website.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The NISMO only has Hill Assist if you have the traction package, which includes Hill Assist, Hill Decent Control and VDC.

Definately check Edmonds, they should list the current rebates on the 05, and as was previously posted, start your negotiations at invoice, and go from there! Afterall, it is last year's truck!

The last three trucks I'va bought (except the Fronty) were all left over, prior model year, demonstrators, and I walked away well below invoice on each one of them! I also made money on them when I sold them because I actually had equity in them when I bought them!

Good luck with you're negotiations!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Argo73 said:
You might want to check the build date (of the silver NISMO) to see that it's not that early of a build, and figure that into the price of it. My '06 was built in September so the '05 one might have been hangin around the lot for a while now. There were a few things that changed for the '06. Lockable glove box, chrome accents in the interior of NISMOs and LEs and added colors. If it's a NISMO, it should come with the hill assist.
My '05 was also manufactured in Sept. '05. Musta been one of the last ones to roll out of the plant!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts