Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the bigest regret i have is gettin a 4 banger at this point........once i am at squre one with motor problems.......i know i beat the crap out of the truck and i'm probably harder on my engine than anyone else but for the motor to go at almost the exact same mileage is also vehicle fault as well....so much for mid tavel kit this year.....i am now scrambling to find the best option financially .....either i replace it with the same crappy 4 banger or find an engine/trans/ecu/harness combo out of a titan...or if advance adapters can help me, swap a chevy small block and forget about EFI....no oil pressure whats so ever and timing chain tensioner is not working.....i'm tired of these b.s. problems....i almost want to get a nice car and be done with it......

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
get a 350 and a turbo400 trans and be done with it. GPS for a speedo and an auto meter for the engine

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Did you put in a used motor?

·
Registered
256 Posts
if advance adapters can help me, swap a chevy small block and forget about EFI
running a engine that is older than your truck year would be instant fail for CA emissions. Likewise, running a carb. in a previously equipped EFI vehicle would probably be instant fail as well. So unless you plan on using the truck as offroad only. You'll have to look into a post '07 Gen. IV (pricey unless you go with the 4.8/5.3 which aren't bad motors, both will give you more power than the VQ40) and keep the EFI intact (difficult if you pioneering a particular vehicle/engine swap).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts