Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install my Kenwood HU and backup camera today. The radio and camera seems to be working fine when I connected the battery to test out everything.

I went ahead and install all the trim back to my truck and started her. Within a few seconds my check engine came on.... Drove over to Autozone and have them scanned for codes and it came out to P0603.

Did a google and below are the possiblities :

Possible causes
- Loose or poor battery terminal connection
- Low battery charge
- ECM power supply circuit is open or shorted
- ECM Programing
- Faulty ECM

Both terminals are tight and corrosion free. Have yet to check my battery charge but I assume it's in tip top condition since she fires right up without hesitation.

Any suggestions before I go to the dealer? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Could be because the batt was disconnected but what did you tap into for power for the new HU and BU cam? Wasn't the ECM lead was it?
If not then give it a couple cycles and it may clear if it's just a missing B+ signal code. Wouldn't hurt to check the batt voltage.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be because the batt was disconnected but what did you tap into for power for the new HU and BU cam? Wasn't the ECM lead was it?
If not then give it a couple cycles and it may clear if it's just a missing B+ signal code. Wouldn't hurt to check the batt voltage.
Bingo!

Didn't know disconnecting my battery for a few hours will trigger a check engine light. I did some research last night and found a bunch of Nissans with the same problems after disconnecting the battery for a few hours. Cleared the code and so far the light have yet to return.

Battery check out fine. 12.65v at rest and 13.6v at idle. Thank you very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts